2 more bins !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i can see in the distance the men delivering our promised blue and brown wheelie bins :?: god 3 bins now :!: thats taken up half my garden. have any of you luvly people got 3 :?:

Sponsored Links
We have got one that we brought with us when we moved here. Only to find out that they actually still use black bin bags :rolleyes:

We also have purple and clear recycling bags and a green 'glass' box - or should I say that we have them when they bother to deliver them :rolleyes:

Wish we did have wheelie bins - so much easier :D

Sponsored Links
Poshman do you have to pay extra for them to take your garden stuff? We're not allowed to put it in normal rubbish here (one of my neighbours was called a w*nker and a tw*t by one of the bin man because he put some veg peelings and dead flowers in his bin bag :eek: ).

If we want them to take garden rubbish we have to buy a roll of 10 bags at £16.50 for it to go in. The bags are each the size of ahlf a regular bin liner and have to be sealed!!!!

Needless to say, we take ours to the tip in the back of the car!

Brightness said:
Poshman do you have to pay extra for them to take your garden stuff? We're not allowed to put it in normal rubbish here (one of my neighbours was called a w*nker and a tw*t by one of the bin man because he put some veg peelings and dead flowers in his bin bag :eek: ).

If we want them to take garden rubbish we have to buy a roll of 10 bags at £16.50 for it to go in. The bags are each the size of ahlf a regular bin liner and have to be sealed!!!!

Needless to say, we take ours to the tip in the back of the car!

wow am i really chatting to a woman about wheelie bins :LOL: i used to sneak in some bags of grass etc if i had room.. oh i will be paying for the service dont you worry :!: as my increased council tax bill will verify :evil: :evil: :evil:

Garden waste = compost heap & mulches (not rubbish)

we have 2 bins and a box. black for general ****e, green for garden wate and the box for recycling

poshman said:
JohnD said:
Garden waste = compost heap & mulches (not rubbish)

i stand corrected

Ahhh but you can't compost everything from the garden. Too much grass just rots and goes pungent (which destroys your compost), if you add weeds the seeds will sprout up and come back into your garden and you can't always compost tree trimmings either - are you just a fair weather gardener JohnD? :LOL:

I compost/recycle almost as much as I can but it winds me up when the bin men don't leave me the allocated bags to recycle stuff in and if you go to the council offices they give you one bag in each colour together with stickers saying 'I need more bags' which the bin men then ignore :rolleyes:

Too much wet grass cuttings will get hot if you've got no brown material to mix with it, but, you can spread it straight from the box onto the beds as a weed-suppressant mulch, even 4" thick will do no harm. By next year it will have rotted away and the worms will pull it into the soil for you ready to start again.

But we've only got 2 small beds and they are planted up and covered in weed resistant material with bark chips on top :LOL:

I can remember the days that if the bin man saw a leaf poking out of the bin, he left the whole bin..NOW they take sacks of garden bits, BUT then throw the empty bag in the garden.

It cost more to collect the rubbish the way its done now, BUT they must meet there targets.

Diyisfun said:
I can remember the days that if the bin man saw a leaf poking out of the bin, he left the whole bin..NOW they take sacks of garden bits, BUT then throw the empty bag in the garden.

It cost more to collect the rubbish the way its done now, BUT they must meet there targets.

You're lucky they only left the bag! There are 16 houses in our close and they dump everyones rubbish on our drive as we live in the end house. The amount of times I've had a black bin bag sliced open from top to bottom and abandoned all over the drive is a blardy nightmare.

Sponsored Links
Back