Cutting Bin Collections

Sponsored Links
You really think no-one is monitoring the data, however it's produced? Seriously?

Yes I mean anti-social like any kind of smoke. Cigarette smoke, barbecue smoke, bonfire smoke. While people have to protect themselves indoors from a virus that attacks the lungs and the only fresh air they can get is through an open window, it's unbelievably selfish and inconsiderate to burn anything.
Yes and no. A BBQ & cigs are hardly massive and they're fleeting, esp cigs - if you even get to smell them at all with someone walking past.
A massive bonfire that burns and smoulders for hours during the day, not so thoughtful.

Please point out where I am ignoring the law ?
I'm not sure what would be used to ban bonfires. It isn't a smoke control area as they allow bonfires. Perhaps there's some sort of local rules beyond that.

Air quality is pretty good at the moment so there are worse times to be burning things.

Sponsored Links
A random example:

"The coronavirus is known to cause serious respiratory illnesses. Therefore, the Environmental Health Service will continue to investigate complaints about smoke nuisance during this period, including visits where appropriate. If someone is found to be causing a nuisance by burning, they could be issued with a Community Protection Notice (CPN). Failing to obey a CPN carries the possibility of criminal sanctions and can lead to seizure and forfeiture of items, default works and recovery of costs and / or a fine of up to £2,500."

https://www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/ne...ews/coronavirus-no-burning-or-garden-bonfires
All well and good, but

Please point out where I am ignoring the law ?

The main thing about burning things in the garden as I see is not when some one has the washing out.

There are no laws that I know of so if some one says there is post a link. It will be mentioned some where even on council sites.

There is a law coming or exists about burning wet wood in multifuel fires - has to be seasoned. That will upset some.

Why don't they have designated places where people can fly-tip legally?

They could call them - oh I don't know - waste tips.
Some council jobsworth would probably think up a posher name.

I think this just goes to show that councils are incapable of thinking, and thinking differently, and changing. It the old knee-jerk and stop everything rather than "how can we keep this service running?".

The irony is that it is the councils that are now complaining that there teams are having to collect all the dumped rubbish and this is "taking them away from their essential work". :rolleyes:

There have been several polls regarding how things will change after this is over, or how people think things should or can change, and a majority are saying that they think things will be very different post-Covid 19. I just hope that councils get the memo, and start thinking differently.

Our area is now 'temporarily' (yeah right!) doubling the time between collections.
The result - fly tipping in alleyways and on top of other peoples bins!
Now it's getting warmer it's starting to stink, but the foxes are having a field day.
Saw a bunch of surgical masks strewn about the other day.
Interspecies transmission coming up?

I think this just goes to show that councils are incapable of thinking, and thinking differently, and changing. It the old knee-jerk and stop everything rather than "how can we keep this service running?".

The irony is that it is the councils that are now complaining that there teams are having to collect all the dumped rubbish and this is "taking them away from their essential work". :rolleyes:

There have been several polls regarding how things will change after this is over, or how people think things should or can change, and a majority are saying that they think things will be very different post-Covid 19. I just hope that councils get the memo, and start thinking differently.
I belive in my area the problem has been staffing shortages, the next door council are restarting the green collections next week, and hopefully ours soon after

I belive in my area the problem has been staffing shortages, the next door council are restarting the green collections next week, and hopefully ours soon after
Most waste services are outsourced nowadays, so I can't see why the contractor can't get some agency staff in or suchlike, at short notice and temporary contracts? That's what the shops did when they needed delivery drivers - in one week, let go the next then things improved.

Even so, the concept of self-isolation or off sick is in most cases a two or thre week thing, not for ever. I know of several waste and maintenance firms where the operatives have self isolated for several times!

What it is, is poxy management.

Sponsored Links
Back