2 more bins !!!

andy, we have the same combo as yourself. how odd.

a few years ago, Doncaster council introduced "blue bags" for recycling paper . . . then they realised paper is renewable and grows on trees, oh, and the blue bags kept blowing away . . . :LOL: :LOL:

so they did away with blue bags and got green boxes instead, for recycling paper, glass, metal / foil, shoes etc. This is sorted as they pick it up from the kerbside - there are 4 containers on their van.

And they also gave our suburb of doncaster green wheelie bins in which to put garden crap and cardboard. Always full in summer - grass cuttings, tree branches, garden fences, bricks . . . :LOL: :LOL: (only joking, i wouldn't dream of such a thing ;) ) I think they chose our area for the green bin because of the pride we take in our gardens around here.

(omg, the autocensor changes the anagram of "carp" into "rubbish" :eek: )

Sponsored Links
Brightness said:
But we've only got 2 small beds and they are planted up and covered in weed resistant material with bark chips on top :LOL:
no wonder you're fed up and can't sleep!

Layer all that shredded paper and cardboard with the grass cuttings, then it doesn't go soggy in the compost heap...
Trouble is the compost enriched Lettuce grow with leafy adverts ... boxed.
:D

Sponsored Links
mlb3c said:
sheeeez......what do you do if your color blind? so far....ya'll drive too fast on the wrong side of the rd....you talk funny...you eat weird sh it, and it would take einstein to figure out what to do with your trash/rubbish/garbage....no wonder some of you are in sulting bast ards....you live a hard life! Thank God...I put mine in a big bag throw it in the back of the truck and haul it to the dump.......done....finis..fin..over out roger that...................... :evil: :)
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I had a feeling the USA isn't too big on recycling . . .

Nige F said:
Well, you`ve got the Grand Canyon to landfill :eek:

it probly already is....grand landscapes are not appreciated as they should be. :cry:

I overheard this conversation with the binmen and my chinese neighbour the other day."wheres your bin?" Hong Kong, "No wheres your wheelie bin?" HONG KONG :evil: :LOL:

jbonding said:
I overheard this conversation with the binmen and my chinese neighbour the other day."wheres your bin?" Hong Kong, "No wheres your wheelie bin?" HONG KONG :evil: :LOL:

sounds like a joke...where you wheelie bin :?:
:LOL: :LOL:

Just counted and we have 6 waste bins supplied by council.
1 wheelie bin general rubbish
1 wheelie bin garden rubbish
1 large bin for garden compost
1 box for paper
1 box for cardboard
1 box for bottles and tin cans

Apparently we are getting another soon, god knows what for! Probably to seperate the bottles and tin cans
But then again it does cost us around £30 a week in council tax.

Sponsored Links
Back