200 mph

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 blokes on different days filmed then selves topping 200 mph on the public road

One in Sussex
The other one in Kent
Both in Audis

Blimey 200 :eek:

Plod are not amused apparently o_O

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The Audis were probably chipped / re-proggammed to hit 200?

Vids are on u tube

It has to be chipped and tuned. Stock they are about 600bph. To hit 200mph like that would need at least another 200 - They are restricted to 155mph otherwise. 180 would be about the limit without the limiter. There is so much aerodynamics to deal with, not to mention taking the tyres way beyond their design speed.

A Ferrari F40 does almost exactly 200mph and "only" has 479 bhp so I would think an RS6 with the limiter removed might be able to reach 200mph with a stock engine. The drag coefficient is only around 0.01 more on the Audi too..

A Ferrari F40 does almost exactly 200mph and "only" has 479 bhp so I would think an RS6 with the limiter removed might be able to reach 200mph with a stock engine. The drag coefficient is only around 0.01 more on the Audi too..

Almost twice the weight though, I'd guess.

Edit; ferrari C. 1300kg
Audi. C. 2100kg

Plus, I'd guess the Audi has a greater mechanical drag, having to turn a heavy four wheel drivetrain?

It has to be chipped and tuned. Stock they are about 600bph. To hit 200mph like that would need at least another 200 - They are restricted to 155mph otherwise. 180 would be about the limit without the limiter. There is so much aerodynamics to deal with, not to mention taking the tyres way beyond their design speed.

Ford GT 40 was hitting 219 mph at Le man
In 1965

Almost twice the weight though, I'd guess.

Edit; ferrari C. 1300kg
Audi. C. 2100kg

Plus, I'd guess the Audi has a greater mechanical drag, having to turn a heavy four wheel drivetrain?
Weight affects acceleration not top speed, I agree to 4 wheel drive train would sap some power but the Ferrari has much wider rear tyres that would add to its parasitic losses so I would still think it may achieve 200mph with 600 bhp

Wonder what I could achieve in the lwb Vivaro. Would removing the roof bars and ladders have a notable effect on the drag coefficient?

Sponsored Links
Back