200 mph

Sponsored Links
Wonder what I could achieve in the lwb Vivaro. Would removing the roof bars and ladders have a notable effect on the drag coefficient?

Definitely.
Remember to tuck your wing mirrors in, over - inflate your tyres, and tape your panel gaps as well though(y):mrgreen:

I reckon we'd hit the ton easy without these bu££ers humming...

I remember twenty - odd years ago, pretty much the fastest thing in any motorways I ever drove on was a.........

..... Mercedes Sprinter van!

You never saw them in anything other than the outside lane, and never saw them doing less than warp speed :eek:

I remember twenty - odd years ago, pretty much the fastest thing in any motorways I ever drove on was a.........

..... Mercedes Sprinter van!

You never saw them in anything other than the outside lane, and never saw them doing less than warp speed :eek:

I had a drive of one once, quite a few years ago and they were quick, but as you say, never saw one being driven slowly.

Sponsored Links
A few years back a couple of bikers got caught on the M25 in the early hours speeding at 150 ish

They got 6 months
Banned
Lost there job
One lost his house over the caper due to no job

Bit oTT imo

No one got hurt no one died

Commit some violent crime and u get a lesser sentence and consequences

I'd be the first to defend a person who set a safe speed according to the conditions but this guy just pinned it. No regard or variation when other vehicles come in to view. He may not have hit anyone, but that wasn't down to his driving. There are plenty of youtube vids where people drive fast and safely, slowing down when they come up on vehicles and nailing it once they are clear.

A tuned audi R6. Hit 200 mph with 4 passengers and a boot full. Of luggage
At some car show at some race track
From. A standing start.

There's a film. Of it

Its the speed differential that's the issue. Fine on a track, where you won't encounter other vehicles or if you do, you expect them to be going fast.

A person, could do a proper look and change lanes without seeing an approaching car going 130mph quicker.

It has to be chipped and tuned. Stock they are about 600bph. To hit 200mph like that would need at least another 200 - They are restricted to 155mph otherwise. 180 would be about the limit without the limiter. There is so much aerodynamics to deal with, not to mention taking the tyres way beyond their design speed.
Not to mention the lack of brains of the stupid cûnt driver

Its the speed differential that's the issue. Fine on a track, where you won't encounter other vehicles or if you do, you expect them to be going fast.

A person, could do a proper look and change lanes without seeing an approaching car going 130mph quicker.

Not disputing that

Post was in response to any one who doubted that one if these Audis could hit 200mph

If he had one of the new model ultimas

He could have hit 240 mph

100 grand (ish)

Bargain. Back in the day a 120mph car was considered sporty :D

I used to rate my cars on timed trips from Kingshurst to Whittington village. Something I did regularly. Mix of A roads, near motorway dual carriage way, normal dual carriage ways and mostly wide country lanes. Plenty of bends some rather severe, islands etc. No point in a 200mph car. In fact a lotus europa with a renault engine that couldn't do much over 100mph was quicker than a short wheel based e type that could do 150mph and and a medium powered 911 with none of the modern aids. Around 17miles and the europa could just about beat a mile a min, neither of the other 2 could. The e type was a bit quicker than the 911. My last silly car much more recently was a subaru. That would have beat the europa as it has the handling and a lot more speed. I had a near death experience in the 911 though. 80mph around a bend with hedges and some one parked a car to let the dog out and was walking it. Fortunately some one coming in the opposite direction did realise how fast I was going, rammed his brakes on and I just had room to get through. All things slow down amazingly and pulse rate rockets. Took a good 15min to settle down again.

So for "fun" I would always go for handling rather than speed. It is still possible to have fun within the legal limits on the right roads especially with the right car.

Sponsored Links
Back