20mm Grommets

I am looking for something like a 4mm flat screwdriver with rounded ends
All my old screwdrivers end up like this!!
Cannot use lube, because...some wonker would pinch it
That would soon stop if you sashay up to your suspect and in a big, loud camp voice say, "If you ever nick my lube again I'll spank your peachy cheeks, big boy!"

Sponsored Links
B.a.s, I cannot get a cable (1.5mm 3 core) through a hole, up a foot+ then out of another hole without grommets in. It has to be routed first.
Then we push in the easyfit grommets.
Works fine as long as the hole is good, 20mm is the size because that's the size of grommets, also the hole saws. 25mm is too big and when drilling the hole we can go through the side wall of the tube.

It all works fine but sometimes fitting a grommet is difficult, having a tool that allows me to get right in there, flip the edges etc. would be handy. Like I said, Ill probably end up using a bent screwdriver.
(Although there are some nice looking dental probes that might do).

I know it won't work in this case but I had a similar situation of having to put a cable form in the grommet before fitting said grommet due to the connectors. My solution was to wrap at least 2 turns of string in the groove, put the 2 ends through the hole, hold the grommet against the hole and gently pull one end of the string, this will pull the grommet through the hole. I can confirm that a touch of KY helps too.

Sponsored Links
That would soon stop if you sashay up to your suspect and in a big, loud camp voice say, "If you ever nick my lube again I'll spank your peachy cheeks, big boy!"
That could backfire in a most unwelcome way for him.

Although I am only assuming it would be unwelcome...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back