24/7 Home Rescue -Fail

There was a report on the radio a while back about some old fella who passed away

When his daughter looked into his affairs he was consistently paying out insurance premiums for pretty much every appliance in his house
Telly
WM
DW
Cooker

Ect ect

The amount he paid out over the years he could have renewed pretty much every thing several times over
Cheaper than paying insurance for years
Yeah I suspect there'll be quite a few folk not realising how much they have going out on these policies year in year out, auto renewal.

Sponsored Links
and the latest instalment - She rang again this morning and spoke to someone, they have asked her to take and send in photos of the problem. She has said she doesn't know how to do that, so it has stalled once again. I have suggested that she should threaten to stop any further payments to the company, unless they get someone out and fix the problem.

why didn't you offer to go over and sort it..or pay someone to sort it?!
Sometimes these companies will try to say the policy is now void as it’s been tampered with and not by 24/7 home rescue. They have paid someone to sort it out, they’re just lousy at doing it :D

Sponsored Links
Not sure as to why people insure new boilers

Most of em come with a 5 year warranty in some cases 7 or 10 years for an extra one off payment at the time of installation

Obviously one needs to read the small print

Certain manus attempt to weasel out of warranty work

And in any event most manus have insured there own appliances through some one like domess and colonel

Most of em come with a 5 year warranty in some cases 7 or 10 years for an extra one off payment at the time of installation

And in any event most manus have insured there own appliances through some one like domess and colonel
Yeah I'm not sure how based on truth it is, but I've heard a few folk say some manufacturers will try almost anything not to honour warranties i.e. if install not exactly as per their instructions, they can and sometimes do just walk away? I'm not referring to installs that are obviously sh1t, I'm referring to installs that most would consider compliant but that perhaps don't follow the specific manufacturer instructions to the letter. e.g. there's only a 23cm gap to that side and our instructions mandate 25cm minimum. That sort of thing.

True or old wives' tale?

Just to be clear, she hasn't taken out separate boiler and plumbing / drainage cover - It's a package deal including a new boiler install, plus the additional cover.

She is tied into paying the monthly subscription for several years.

Yeah I'm not sure how based on truth it is, but I've heard a few folk say some manufacturers will try almost anything not to honour warranties i.e. if install not exactly as per their instructions, they can and sometimes do just walk away? I'm not referring to installs that are obviously sh1t, I'm referring to installs that most would consider compliant but that perhaps don't follow the specific manufacturer instructions to the letter. e.g. there's only a 23cm gap to that side and our instructions mandate 25cm minimum. That sort of thing.

True or old wives' tale?

Yes goes on to an extent

I was on a course with one particular manufacturers service / warranty fella and they were told to go to the lowest part of the system and take a water sample any discolouration and it would void the warranty !!!

Some manus will or would look for any excuse to weasel out of any claim

True or old wives' tale?
Don't know, but I contacted Worcester bosch after 3 years from installation and they were very good.
They sent a technician next day and he changed the fan.
That's when I learned from my own plumber to leave the boiler on when going on holiday.
4 weeks without power had apparently prevented the "unclogging" cycle that happens regularly when boiler is not used and the fan had seized.

I have just been speaking to them, playing hell with them on her behalf, they are sending an 'engineer' out again.

Great news!

Better news would have been them turning up the first time, and finding the cause of the leak, before all the subsequent damage to the fabric. It's a nonsense a lone female paying for such cover, then when they are called out, to make excuses for doing nothing and leaving. She has (eventually) had to trace the cause herself, under my remote direction, then asking her to provide photos before they would decide to send an 'engineer' out.

I understand that, but at least now they are going to come and have another look and hopefully, a repair will be forthcoming.

Sponsored Links
Back