24/7 Home Rescue -Fail

Sponsored Links
UPDATE - The guy is there, she has just rung, but to say he cannot fix it under the 24/7 insurance, so I spoke to him. He says it the seal on the collar which has perished and the insurance just doesn't cover for sewerage issues. He claimed bleach causes the seals to perish. I said that is absolutely ridiculous, their ad suggests they cover electrics, water leaks, drainage and etc. is not sewerage part of drainage, but he insisted not.

I rang back and asked her to ask him if he would fix it as an extra not on the insurance, and he agreed he would get the parts and do it for £60. I told her to ask him to do it and I would give her the £60 to cover it.

Whilst he was here, she asked him to take a another look at the slow draining sink, that they were supposed to have fixed last time they were here - He claimed again to have sorted it, but it made no difference to the draining, but this time he has caused the trap to leak.

Can anyone see where in the terms and conditions it says it exclude sewerage pipes?

What a complete shambles of a system.

Last edited:
Either that extra had gone through the company's books as a quoted for job, or the engineer is pocketing that £60.

I wonder what would happen if the replacement seal went wrong and you rang up for another repair?

I had plumbing cover too once. I'm OK at a few things, but plumbing is not in that list....

Three times over 5 years we called up.

Once was for a blockage in a sewer pipe under the garage floor, once for toilet that wouldn't flush and once for a hand wash basin that wouldn't drain.

Each time the problem was fixed, but only after arguing with the guy that came and a lot of grumpiness on their part.

I won't say what the company was, but it seems to me that firms like this just go round from house to house trying to wriggle out of doing the work.

Sponsored Links
Either that extra had gone through the company's books as a quoted for job, or the engineer is pocketing that £60.

I wonder what would happen if the replacement seal went wrong and you rang up for another repair?

No, the job hasn't been done yet. She is now talking about getting her friend Steven to fix it, cheaper.

Me - I will tackle absolutely everything, but driving 100 miles as a minimum to fix it is just not sensible.

Here is their policy document, it includes drainage, it doesn't suggest it doesn't include sewerage...

1663686254656.png

Just another get our clause by the sounds of it, I would help her (or do it on her behalf) write a letter/email explaining you thought drainage and sewage are the same and it’s not clear on this and they need to revise this if this is the case.

Just another get our clause by the sounds of it, I would help her (or do it on her behalf) write a letter/email explaining you thought drainage and sewage are the same and it’s not clear on this and they need to revise this if this is the case.

Were it me, I would definitely be up for a fight, but she's a timid type and English is not her primary language. As I think I said, I had her ask them how much to end the contract and they are suggesting it would cost almost as much as her continuing it to the end. She didn't sign the contract, her deceased husband did, she is just stuck with it.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Chris that would be a waste of ink, same as the policy. Always best to call a trademan out when needed and save the monthly cost.

Andy
True mate, didn’t know if it would be worth it. I did state early on that putting money away would be far better, but Harry has said it’s difficult/costly to end the contract.

Last edited:
True mate, didn’t know if it’s would be worth it. I did state early on that putting money away would b far better, but Harry has said it’s difficult/costly to end the contract.

That is what I do/always advise.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
This morning, she plucked up enough courage to ring 24/7 and tell them what she thought of them, there failure to do anything useful about the relatively minor bathroom leak, which has done so much damage, and the poor draining of the sink, which now they have had two goes at fixing, yet failed and now left her with a leak there too. Outcome of the call - they will speak to management and get back to her.

Sorry, I got it a bit wrong - I assumed it was her kitchen sink which was slow draining and since their 'engineer' looked at it, the trap now leaking. In fact it was the bathroom wash basin.

She missed 'The Managements' call, but managed to return their call yesterday. She claims she told them that their 'engineers' are worse than useless, a pointless liability. She has ended up tackling it herself. She has the toilet pan out, the wash basin trap removed and all of the what was the ruined due to leaks, laminate floor all stripped completely out.

In a video call, she showed me the floorboards and joists, which appeared to be quite sound - except for where the electrician who did her rewire, had left boards cut midway between joists and unsupported. I sent her a diagram, explaining how to repair those.

This thread should be made into a comedy show.

Coming and going of 'plumbers' with the boyfriend 100 miles away trying to tell his partner how to do diy.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back