Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, apparently there are 300,00 people over here that should not be here. That is 300,00 people who are draining our resources and being a burden to the taxpayer. The hospitals are overstretched and there is a shortage of housing. Eliminate this problem and the rest will gradually get better as well. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Where did you get this figure, who says they should not be here? In what way are they draining our resources?

As i said in another post i work alongside a lot of "eastern bloc" colleagues and they are hard working never complain and pay their taxes and the only thing they did wrong in the eyes of some over here is in showing them (the majority of british workers)up for what they are , moaning, lazy and expecting a lot for nothing in return.

petewood said:
Where did you get this figure, who says they should not be here? In what way are they draining our resources?

It was in the Sun on Thursday or Friday. I know, i know i don't usually get that rag but they seemed to back up their story in there

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
As i said in another post i work alongside a lot of "eastern bloc" colleagues and they are hard working never complain and pay their taxes and the only thing they did wrong in the eyes of some over here is in showing them (the majority of british workers)up for what they are , moaning, lazy and expecting a lot for nothing in return.

Mate i have to disagree. Where i am working at the moment we are on a 6 day week doing at least 12 hour days. We have to do that because that is what that site wants. We have had labourers on there from Eastern europe who are lazy and do not want to do the hours. We do not know any different. Great that you support foreign workers but slag off your own countrymen, typical :rolleyes:

petewood said:

1.Hospitals 2.Housing 3.Schools ......... and you want me to continue, oh and don't let me forget those in prison who should be deported but the government wont because they may get persecuted on return to their own country

that's your view jasy not mine.
i've worked over thirty years now and nearly every british worker i have worked alongside has worried more about teabreaks and the early off than the work.

kendor said:
i've worked over thirty years now and nearly every british worker i have worked alongside has worried more about teabreaks and the early off than the work.
Bit of a sweeping statement this, there are good and bad as well as lazy and productive in every race. Incidently where did jasy mention Eastern bloc countries? This is what he said.
So, apparently there are 300,00 people over here that should not be here. That is 300,00 people who are draining our resources and being a burden to the taxpayer. The hospitals are overstretched and there is a shortage of housing. Eliminate this problem and the rest will gradually get better as well.
Now I don't see any reference to nationality or ethnicity in this comment and also don't know whether the Sun was correct or not. But the more people that are here (illegal or otherwise) the bigger the drain on the infrastructure. That is not racist it is a mathematical fact and anyone who can't see this is deluding themselves.

david and julie said:
kendor said:
Bit of a sweeping statement this, there are good and bad as well as lazy and productive in every race. Incidently where did jasy mention Eastern bloc countries? This is what he said.
So, apparently there are 300,00 people over here that should not be here. That is 300,00 people who are draining our resources and being a burden to the taxpayer. The hospitals are overstretched and there is a shortage of housing. Eliminate this problem and the rest will gradually get better as well.
Now I don't see any reference to nationality or ethnicity in this comment and also don't know whether the Sun was correct or not. But the more people that are here (illegal or otherwise) the bigger the drain on the infrastructure. That is not racist it is a mathematical fact and anyone who can't see this is deluding themselves.
I don't see the relevance of you picking up my mentioning "eastern bloc" workers? I know jasy didn't mention them but the same would apply for asians and others aswell. what do you mean by sweeping statement? I know for a fact what i was saying is correct. It's the attitude of the british worker which is the issue here.

jasy said:
Mate i have to disagree. Where i am working at the moment we are on a 6 day week doing at least 12 hour days. We have to do that because that is what that site wants. We have had labourers on there from Eastern europe who are lazy and do not want to do the hours. We do not know any different. Great that you support foreign workers but slag off your own countrymen, typical :rolleyes:

Kendor was actually talking about those he works with and not just making a sweeping statement about all foreign workers. Just because some foreign workers are lazy, doesn't mean they all are, and there are probably more Brits sponging off the system. Don't you think it's better to treat people as individuals rather than tarring them all with the same brush?

The figure pointed out by jasy is failed asylum seekers, who were told they can't stay here.

These people were not made to leave after their claim failed.

As they are here illegally it's fair to assume, that they are earning money and not paying taxes, they are using the NHS and that they are living somewhere.

I don't see the relevance of you picking up my mentioning "eastern bloc" workers? I know jasy didn't mention them but the same would apply for asians and others aswell. what do you mean by sweeping statement? I know for a fact what i was saying is correct. It's the attitude of the british worker which is the issue here.
Quite clearly its relevant, you are calling the majority of your British work colleagues workshy, which is offensive in the extreme. You brought race into the subject, jasy never mentioned any colour or ethnicity, only 300,000 people. It is you that lurched into defending Eastern bloc people. There will be illegals of all nationalities in this figure, not just Eastern or Asian.
If you were referring to your time at the BBC I would imagine, like all Government establishments, the majority of the staff were more interested in their rights etc, than working, regardless of colour.

H&J wrote.
The figure pointed out by jasy is failed asylum seekers, who were told they can't stay here.

These people were not made to leave after their claim failed.

As they are here illegally it's fair to assume, that they are earning money and not paying taxes, they are using the NHS and that they are living somewhere.

Yes you are right in what you say , although I would have reservations about whether they are all "earning" money, in some area's we are having mini crime waves with some of these people. Especially with dips and shoplifters. The commissioner of the met did once say the problems in London were getting out of hand, in respect to these types of crimes.

If an asylum application and subsequent appeal is turned down they should be put on the next flight out of here.

David, my mistake, I should have said getting money, rather than earning it.

I live in a fairly big town in Essex and the local police have hinted at the increase in crime, since the arrival of 2000 asylum seekers. This was done in a very PC way, heaven forbid he came out with the facts pure and simple.

I agree with Igorian that you shouldn't discriminate against people because of their origin. I remember working with a chap a few years ago who was telling me that when he was working on the construction of a cement works, the work was behind schedule and the construction company was chucking labour at the job to such an extent that the managers didn't know how many people were supposed to be working there. My colleague seemed very pleased with himself that he used to turn up for work and then spend the day playing cards. I have also worked with people who go on a definite go-slow when the boss is on holiday, and people who finished work on site well before 4pm when they were getting paid until 5pm. These people were all English. Jasy I would like to ask you if you would deport these people as they are a drain on our resources.

I employ a Turkish lad, and although his English workmates are reasonably good workers, he is always the last to stop for breaks and the first back. Do you think I should sack the others and try to find some more Turks to employ? Neither do I.

Sponsored Links
Back