So would that be fair to say both Blair and Howard are telling lies and that neither of them can stop it now?

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
So would that be fair to say both Blair and Howard are telling lies and that neither of them can stop it now?
actually i don't think it's fair to say all of them lie all the time yes there may be a few twisted facts go round when there is a chance of gaining points of each other but i think they actually believe that they have their figures correct and their angle on events is truth to them, it's how the public perceives this that decides the outcome.
so in honesty i don't think either michael howard or tony blair are the liars that people think they are they just believe in their views with a passion and whether that blinds them to the truth is the crux of the matter.

I didn't say they were all liars all of the time though, I said would it be fair to say MH and TB are on this issue. I am referring to the article saying Tony has signed away our rights, in this area, to the EU. If that is indeed true, they will both know they can't stop it. By knowing the truth and then saying the opposite, they would be deliberately misleading the electorate. I suppose if we have signed away our rights, only the LD's (of the major parties) are telling the truth in this area.

things can get out of hand with the bickering and twisting of facts

and the MP's are just as bad! :LOL: just joking!

by twisting of facts i mean applying their own views on policy, one will say it's this way, the other that way.

insert first line here:
so it wouldn't be fair to call them liars just being careful about how they conduct themselves over delicate matters.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
I am referring to the article saying Tony has signed away our rights, in this area, to the EU.
Under Blair England will disappear as he has signed loads of rights away. The EU can decide things for us and there isn't a thing we can do about it if we don't like their new rules.
Example:
Forget about a referendum in the UK (Blair is lying again) If we chose not to join the euro the EU can decide for us, forcing us to join whether we want to or not.

Back