Think you hit a nerve D&J. Ah well off to work, enjoy your lie in :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Kendo2.jpg

Grrrrrrr !!

:D :D :D

Just so you all know, :LOL: I could retire, but my a lot of my mates would still be working & I would be waiting for them to come home so I could go out to play.
BUT I ENJOY WORKING, I couldnt be in a job that I didnt enjoy though.
Ps I dont get paid 1/2 of what I was being paid 5 years ago.

david and julie said:
Mr director, I was considering becomming a director myself, do you think the £39-99 these people charge for that grand title would be a sound investment?

If you want to do it just for the title then you may as well go for it for that price, not my bag personally though. I would look into it a bit further though before you take the plunge, I think it cost us about £200 - £300 by the time everything was set up, and at least another £500/year in accountancy fees. I would see what your accountant advises.

Sponsored Links
I have no intention of forming a limited company, I am happy enough in a family partnership. I already pay my accountant more than that and titles don't interest me, which is what I meant. For me any slight advantages in being ltd liability would of been outweighed by the additional paperwork and costs. If I was getting involved in a venture which involved possible risk to personal possessions, then yes, I may of considered it years ago. There was never a need for it with us though, our business grew at a manageable and controlled pace without the need for borrowing , save for the mortgages on our business properties, which were covered by lessee's paying rent. The then big tax advantages of dividends v salary etc, were never much of an issue because part of our business was cash only payment and delving auditors would not be welcome, thankyou very much ;)

I am responding to your so called joke which was meant as a p*** take.
I only referred to the structure of self employment and having been self employed you know I was right. It doesn't matter to me what the youth of today believe.

If you make so called jokes which can be taken the wrong way you can expect a negative response, which is what you got.

jasy said:
Think you hit a nerve D&J. Ah well off to work, enjoy your lie in :LOL:

Thankyou jasy. If there's one thing that gets up the nose of the public sector, it is the thought that the private sector may be getting something their not. :LOL: :LOL:

D&J, do I understand correctly that you have a very big company then? Audits for small Limited companies have been axed some years ago.

And delving auditors not being welcome because of many cash-only payments , hmmm?

petewood said:
david and julie said:
It doesn't matter to me what the youth of today believe.

That's very sad.

Why? many of youth I have met seem to be full of disrespect and are selfishness anyway. Just look around you at their yobbish behaviour. I am in no way referring to all of them, which would be wrong, but you must admit they appear to be getting worse.

WoodYouLike said:
D&J, do I understand correctly that you have a very big company then? Audits for small Limited companies have been axed some years ago.

And delving auditors not being welcome because of many cash-only payments , hmmm?

No you didn't understand correctly, we were talking about a partnership formed in the 70's when the limited liabilty regulations were more stringent. We were not a big company, 2 partners,4/5 full time staff, sometimes subbed work out and a turnover of about £500K which I consider a small company.

You can read my comment about auditors as you like. I don't know whether you are self employed or paye, but you or your boss will be just the same. It is the only way to survive for small over taxed and over regulated businesses these days.

david and julie said:
No you didn't understand correctly, we were talking about a partnership formed in the 70's

No, you were talking about not wanting to go Limited whenever.

See here for audit thresholds and other liability stuff.

And yes we are a limited and no, I, nor my boss doesn't do the same as you suggest. If you want overregulated businesses law and taxes, try The Netherlands for a chance. That'll teach you to enjoy the rules and regulations here better. And I'm not joking, you really don't know how well of we are here in comparison.

david and julie said:
part of our business was cash only payment and delving auditors would not be welcome, thankyou very much ;)

Are you talking about tax evasion, do you realise that it is a criminal offence?
Don't tell Freddie what you have been up to or he will come and rip your throat out ;) Or if you are lucky you may only get AdamW with his stinging nettles. Ouch!

WoodYouLike, When talking about how my business was formed, I am talking about when it was formed, not now. I said this in reply to a comment from kendor.
Not me though mate, self employed since the late 70's. No sick pay, no subsidised benefits or pensions, no lengthy holiday periods with pay, weekend working and late nights home being the norm.
I have no need to keep repeating dates, petewood knew when I was talking about and replied accordingly with his skit about an old comedy. I don't understand where you are going here. Decisions on whether you wish to be sole trader/partnership/private or public company are more usually decided at the start, not at the end. Although many people start one way and then change at some point to to suit themselves.

How many companies have you started and successfully run then?

I don't give a toss about what they do in Holland, what have they got to do with it?

I also don't give a toss about what your boss chooses to tell his staff about the running of his business either.
And yes we are a limited and no, I, nor my boss doesn't do the same as you suggest.
What did I suggest?

Are you talking about tax evasion, do you realise that it is a criminal offence?
Are you asking me or telling me about tax evasion? where did I say I had fiddled anybody?
Don't tell Freddie what you have been up to or he will come and rip your throat out ;) Or if you are lucky you may only get AdamW with his stinging nettles. Ouch!
What have I been up to then?

kendor said:
david and julie said:
Would that be my sentence about my way of working, that enabled me to semi retire at 47, debt free kendor? If you look back at my posts I did tell you all, months ago. Laugh at that when you get up for work, in debt, in the morning.
if the need to brag is your bag then so be it, it doesn't impress anyone!
you again totally missed the point the joke derived from the way the comment came over not a p**s take.
who cares if you are semi retired or not, the joke is now even better knowing the fact that you havn't even realised that and had to console yourself by bragging. :LOL:

Brag!?, Brag!? I dont hear any bragging just a whingeing to*ser who cannot stand the fact that there are success stories out there. Well done D&J. Wish i was like it but heh, my time will come ;) Hey Kendor i think Mr Green is appropriate for you :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back