kendor said:
It's not in any way pointed towards yourself or your viewpoint which you are entitled to, merely making light fun of the sentence you said, it's the way it came over or the way you tell em ;)

Excuse me, I made the joke and I will point it where I like.

Sponsored Links
masona said:
david and julie said:
There will be plenty of self employed people reading this who can relate to what I'm saying. If we want holidays we save because we don't get them paid by the boss.
Don't know if any of you self-employed and small business knows this, they are obliged by EU law to take 4 weeks paid leave every year and there are no exemption as they are legally bound by EU legislation to give them 4 weeks paid leave whether they like it or not.

The 4 weeks can include all 8 bank holidays though, which I personally think is a bit miserly.

petewood said:
kendor said:
It's not in any way pointed towards yourself or your viewpoint which you are entitled to, merely making light fun of the sentence you said, it's the way it came over or the way you tell em ;)

Indeed you can, insults will never make up for a lack of intelligence though.

petewood said:
masona said:
david and julie said:
There will be plenty of self employed people reading this who can relate to what I'm saying. If we want holidays we save because we don't get them paid by the boss.
Don't know if any of you self-employed and small business knows this, they are obliged by EU law to take 4 weeks paid leave every year and there are no exemption as they are legally bound by EU legislation to give them 4 weeks paid leave whether they like it or not.

The 4 weeks can include all 8 bank holidays though, which I personally think is a bit miserly.
I was wondering how can the EU knows that 4 weeks has been taken per year?

Sponsored Links
An employer would be expected to know and honour any rights under current employment law and would be on a loser if they didn't comply with these EU directives. But the EU wouldn't actually know unless a worker complained, if that happened, the company concerned would rightly be on a hiding to nothing.

I can't really see how this would be applicable to the self employed though.

Back in the '90s a firm could use a workforce consisting of self-employed people who were therefore technically subcontractors. This meant that the firm did not have to give holiday pay, sick pay, and I think it affected the insurance situation as well as the worker having to sort out his or her own tax and NI. Workers could also be told their services were no longer required without any notice as they were not classed as employees.
This practice was stopped by legislation, which I think said that if a worker worked more than so many hours a week for one contractor then that contractor had to become an employer.
If I have got any of this wrong I would be happy to be corrected.

Well I don't think you have anything wrong there. Can you enlighten us what this as to do with illegal immigrants though?

they dont know. Just like the government. BNP leader on radio today had it right. CLOSE THE BLO*DY BORDERS

petewood said:
Back in the '90s a firm could use a workforce consisting of self-employed people who were therefore technically subcontractors. This meant that the firm did not have to give holiday pay, sick pay, and I think it affected the insurance situation as well as the worker having to sort out his or her own tax and NI. Workers could also be told their services were no longer required without any notice as they were not classed as employees.
This practice was stopped by legislation, which I think said that if a worker worked more than so many hours a week for one contractor then that contractor had to become an employer.
If I have got any of this wrong I would be happy to be corrected.

It's called IR35. A bit more to it than you have said, but you are basically correct.

Wasnt the start of this post relating to illegal people, if so then these are the drain as they cannot be supporting as they are illegal then can contribute financial.
As far as people being lazy etc. Well if I owned a company & could see people not pulling there wait, they are dealt with, as a manage I am responsibly for peoples productivity & if I dont deal with that then I will be dealt with.

SO WHAT IS THE LAZY BIT ALL ABOUT

But they are contributing, working as cheap labour for someone .. Sure as hell not for me !! ;)

petewood said:
kendor said:

It's not the joke i was on about but the sentence that triggered the joke :rolleyes: :LOL:

kendor said:
petewood said:
kendor said:

It's not the joke i was on about but the sentence that triggered the joke :rolleyes: :LOL:

Would that be my sentence about my way of working, that enabled me to semi retire at 47, debt free kendor? If you look back at my posts I did tell you all, months ago. Laugh at that when you get up for work, in debt, in the morning.

Mr director, I was considering becomming a director myself, do you think the £39-99 these people charge for that grand title would be a sound investment?

http://www.eacbs.com/

david and julie said:
Would that be my sentence about my way of working, that enabled me to semi retire at 47, debt free kendor? If you look back at my posts I did tell you all, months ago. Laugh at that when you get up for work, in debt, in the morning.
if the need to brag is your bag then so be it, it doesn't impress anyone!
you again totally missed the point the joke derived from the way the comment came over not a **** take.
who cares if you are semi retired or not, the joke is now even better knowing the fact that you havn't even realised that and had to console yourself by bragging. :LOL:

Great isn't it, if you had got a proper job, instead of a bone idle existence at a subsidised public concern, you may of achieved similar. Think I may have I lie in and then have a drive out for lunch tomorrow. Lifes so hard these days, what will you be doing?

if the need to brag is your bag then so be it, it doesn't impress anyone!

Only telling the truth, not trying to impress, you need to be a director to do that.

Sponsored Links
Back