3D printing..

S

Sombrero

We're quite good at keeping a check on stockpiles of arms...so we don't face a huge risk of our police being challenged, let alone our military !!

But imagine 3D printers capable of 'printing' AK47's !!!and their bullets !!!

Are we fooked?

Sponsored Links
Yeah a paper gun would present a real challenge to the forces. :LOL:

You could always print yourself a space rocket and fook off back to mars.

Sponsored Links
So a 3d printer can churn these out. Big deal.
I could make a plastic gun on a lathe in a few hours. Its hardly rocket science.

I expect some of these geeks sitting behind a computer screen wouldn't know what a lathe is.

So a 3d printer can churn these out. Big deal.
I could make a plastic gun on a lathe in a few hours. Its hardly rocket science.

I expect some of these geeks sitting behind a computer screen wouldn't know what a lathe is.

Can you make a working gun on a lathe?

Yeah no problems.
I studied how to do it using 12 guage cartridges but went off the idea of making the actual gun as its a jailable offence here in the province..

Yeah no problems.
I studied how to do it using 12 guage cartridges but went off the idea of making the actual gun as its a jailable offence here in the province..
Not seen much to support your claim... but hey ho...

Point is that lathes are a skill (as is gun making in your shed !)... printers aren't... therefore 3D printing has to be a risk doesn't it..? printing guns, knives and bombs.. so by-passing customs !!

How exactly do you print a bomb? Would it be like one of those bombs you used to see in Tom and Jerry. A big black ball with a fuse sticking out the end? :LOL:

This is already happening. A TV program a few months back about forces in Iraq. The head honcho was talking about efficiency of supplies and stores. He said one of the big differences was they now only keep half the spares they used to for trucks and stuff because they can 3D print most of what they need on site. He didn't elaborate on what exactly they are printing but he did mention saving tens of thousands in transport costs and storage.

This is already happening. A TV program a few months back about forces in Iraq. The head honcho was talking about efficiency of supplies and stores. He said one of the big differences was they now only keep half the spares they used to for trucks and stuff because they can 3D print most of what they need on site. He didn't elaborate on what exactly they are printing but he did mention saving tens of thousands in transport costs and storage.

I wonder what spares for trucks he is printing. Plastic axles, plastic brake callipers, plastic gearboxes, plastic suspension and leaf springs, plastic armour plating? :LOL:

How exactly do you print a bomb? Would it be like one of those bombs you used to see in Tom and Jerry. A big black ball with a fuse sticking out the end? :LOL:

Ok, I'm fine with you having a giggle at my expense, seeing as it's normally you that's seen as the fruitcake !!

And reining in my rampant faith in science to be able to overcome most hurdles facing it.. unlike your faith which solves virtually none of the worlds problems, yet creates many !

We already have printable plastic guns.. (google if you don't believe me)... which would be sufficient to kill a pilot, avoid metal detectors etc...

We already have printable plastic guns.. (google if you don't believe me)... which would be sufficient to kill a pilot, avoid metal detectors etc...

Sadly, they have yet to come up with plastic ammunition, so the problem of getting the ammunition past a metal detector still remains. ;) ;)

Sadly, they have yet to come up with plastic ammunition, so the problem of getting the ammunition past a metal detector still remains. ;) ;)

Fair point, but I reckon it's easily doable... earlier this year, I went on holiday and took my car keys in my hand luggage. Put my bag in the tray, took my belt off etc.

It was when I got my bag out to get my phone on the plane, I looked at my keys and saw the penkinife that lives on my keyring !!!

Bullets in a metal lipstick?

Sponsored Links
Back