5 amp sockets keeps tripping - confused

Are there two RCDs in the consumer unit ? If so then maybe the Neutral for these sockets is in the wrong Neutral bus bar in the consumer unit

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• C7479B3A-0011-41A0-A845-A0A8FCA861BA.jpeg
    C7479B3A-0011-41A0-A845-A0A8FCA861BA.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 8587DA41-047A-4D47-ADC1-090E0154F2AD.jpeg
    8587DA41-047A-4D47-ADC1-090E0154F2AD.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Why are you using 220 volt bulbs in a 240v country? Those bulbs are for China not here.

Sponsored Links
My god, what a waste of space you are.
It was a perfectly valid question and comment. Buying cheap online and getting something designed for another country is often problematic and denies UK businesses trade. Buy cheap, buy twice.

It was a perfectly valid question and comment. Buying cheap online and getting something designed for another country is often problematic and denies UK businesses trade. Buy cheap, buy twice.
But, yet again, you chose to insert an issue that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual problem. In fact it adds no value whatsoever.
Why do you do this? How about something helpful to save the basic problem for a change?
It may be a valid minor point to raise AT THE END, when the problem has been fixed.

Just a thought, could the 5A sockets be on a non RCD lighting circuit and bedroom sockets RCDd?
Or have I read through too fast
??

I think it must be a cross-connected neutral. Need pics inside the board if the OP is confident

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back