A question for glasses wear'ers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going a bit blind and turns out I need some spec's for reading etc, anyhoo I've just found out, as I'm thinking of getting my new bins online, that I ideally need my pupillary distance (PD) which for those that don't know is the distance your pupils are apart. I went to Boots for my eyetest and it seems to be something that opticians conveniently fail to include in the prescription they give you. Now I can measure it myself (my eyes that is!) with someone elses help at an rate or I can go with the average but my question is: will they have measured it and have it on their system? It seems absurd they don't give it to you though, obviously they try and get you to buy your specs from them etc etc but according to the Boots website you have to ask them to measure it That seems mental! What do others do?

Sponsored Links
I went to Boots for my eyetest and it seems to be something that opticians conveniently fail to include in the prescription they give you. Now I can measure it myself

I can just Imagine it with a tape measure and a mirror.. :LOL:

You couldn't make this up..... :LOL:

Sponsored Links

But he'll need glasses to see the tape measure[/quote]

Sorry cant read it ........too busy measuring my eyes.... :LOL:

The UK opticians have been ripping us off for years - but we could not see it :rolleyes:

Try one of the many web based direct suppliers - especially those that source from india

From www.goggles4u.com you can get a pair of up to date style frames, with lenses, with anti-glare and anti-scratch coatings and delivery from all for about £16. These would be at least 4x as much from the high street.

Maybe we should all type our replies this big and save Freddy some money?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I buy my reading glasses from the Pound shop.
They even do tinted specs.

Are you Australian.

.sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ

they usually take the measurements when fitting the glasses you've chosen.. ( it's a little plastic rule thing. )

they also bend the ears to fit and check the nose piece etc..

[quote="ColJack";they also bend the ears [/quote]

By Royal Appointment to Prince Charles.

Sponsored Links
Back