A question for glasses wear'ers

You can do it yourself, but measure it several times & get someone else to do the same just to be sure as this does affect your eyes if it is out.

They deliberately do not let you know this to prevent you getting glasses online.

I get all mine from goggles4u for a fraction that I can get them from an opticians. Even with my wifes discount (she is an Asda optical assistant) it's still cheaper online. (But I do know how little they actually cost Asda too :D )

Sponsored Links
I get my bins from www.selectspecs.com and they will take the pupillary distance from an old pair of specs that you send them. They then return them with your order.

Sponsored Links
These people supply plastic rulers for measuring PD; you need to take a photograph of your face, with ruler, from a given distance. From the photo they calculate your PD. I'm not sure they do anything other than safety glasses, though.

The optician will take several measurements when fitting you for specs including the distance between your eyes.

If you need reading glasses and already wear specs get some varifocals - they're fantastic.

Sponsored Links
Back