Accenta G4 bell box siren NOT working !

Sponsored Links
T A marked SCB

T = tamper

A = 0V

Yea there wired correctly. Tried swapping them And when I put the power back on it activates, then I put core in which stops the siren but then the panel comes up with "tamper fault lockout"

I would suggest for now, you take the bell off the wall.

wire it as originally instructed near the panel on fresh cable and retest.

making sure everything is secure before you start testing. bell box and panel.

I cant be convinced that the earlier tests conducted were done properly.

Unfortunately not sure there is anything anyone else can do for you other than do the job physically for you.

This is probably the only way to prove the issue.

I did do a continuity test on the cable which seemed OK. I've got a bloke that lives down the road coming to look at it tomorrow. He fits fire alarms and stuff so hopefully he'll sort it.

Sponsored Links
didnt want to sound rude but sounds like you need someone on hand that can go through it.

just wanted to see how things responded I suspect it be all sorted when the guy downthe road comes and looks at it for you.

didnt want to sound rude but sounds like you need someone on hand that can go through it.

just wanted to see how things responded I suspect it be all sorted when the guy downthe road comes and looks at it for you.

Cheers for your help mate, much appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes or what the problem is.

Ok so the bloke came today. He couldn't get it working at first but I'm not sure how he wired it up in the panel but its working in a fashion.

Basicly the bell box sounds when the alarm is activated but the bell box only gets power when the alarm is activated. So the LEDs don't flash on the bell box.

Its the only way he could get it working but I'm now thinking the bell box battery can't be connected and also surley someone could just rip the bell box off the wall and it won't go off??

The alarm works fine apart from that.

Basicly the alarm works but the 2 LEDs that flash on the bell box don't work. I said why are they not flashing and he said he couldn't give the bell box permanent live as the siren just keeps sounding even when the panel is deactivated.

well not sure what to say other than run a new cable up there.

if you put the battery on the bell box now, it will just run flat and it will be no good as theres nothing charging the battery back up as it stands.

don't know what hes tried.

but sounds like two cables are okay at least.

he didn't go up to the bell box then?

don't know what hes tried.

but sounds like two cables are okay at least.

he didn't go up to the bell box then?

Yes he went up to the bell box. He was here about 1½ hours. The keypad just kept saying tamper lock out for s while until he rewired it.

He reckons I'm better off getting a scantronic 9651 panel to replace the G4.

not convinced replacing the panel is the answer.

if the cables between the panel and the bell box aren't working properly, then replacing the panel wont solve anything.

If you tried this with a new piece of cable between the panel and the bell box and tested it it would confirm if that its the existing cable there is an issue with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back