Accenta G4 bell box siren NOT working !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:arrow: Hello everyone :D just joined so this is first post.
I have moved into a new house which has this alarm set up, as far as I can tell everything works on it apart from the bell box siren going off when activated. The 2 led's that flash all the time are flashing so its got power, I've checked the wiring corresponds to the connections in the panel and they do.
Is there a way of testing the siren ? Could it have been toggled off somehow ? I ain't very electrically minded but I do have a multimeter.
Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi, Yes it does, Ive tried testing the siren on the test procedure and it does not work then either.
Here are a couple of pics of the panel & bell box wiring

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

when you removed the bell box lid did it sound ? if you revove the negative to the bell box does it sound ? if not probably the sounder in the bell box is faulty.

Sponsored Links
when you removed the bell box lid did it sound ? if you revove the negative to the bell box does it sound ? if not probably the sounder in the bell box is faulty.
If not a faulty sounder it'll be a faulty battery up there.

No it dosnt go off when I take the cover off, havnt tried taking the - wire out, that's the trigger in the bell box isn't it ?
Can these alarms be programed that the siren dosnt go off or not ?

Take the sounder trig in the panel (green B terminal) out and touch the Hold off Negative (orange A wire) whilst A i still in its terminal.

This should manually activate the sounder .

If it dose not sound let me know.

Thanks MadMan

Well the two LED`s show the tampers are closed and the hold off voltages are correct. You have the sounder set to 15mins and the standby battery activated.

Is that amber LED also lit? The 3rd one.

Your strobe will also not work as it need a link for the positive IIRC.

Do as Madman says for a test on the sounder itself.

Even if that does not work I would check continuity of the strobe and trigger cores.
It looks like one has been cut out ( removed) possibly due to a damaged cable.

OK, BEEN up up and disconnected battery to stop the siren. I did what you said and touched the green to the orange but nothing happened, it was only when I put the green back in its terminal when it went off, but it wouldn't go off even when I typed the code in.

I've had to leave the fuse out for now, every time I put it back in the bell box sounds and so does my keypad, I put the code in the keypad which resets and stops sounding but the bell box carrys on.

You started this by saying it will not sound.

Then you say it will not stop?

What exactly is going on?

Your obviously not too good at this, perhaps it is time to pay someone especially if your insurance depends on a working system.

You started this by saying it will not sound.

Then you say it will not stop?

What exactly is going on?

Your obviously not too good at this, perhaps it is time to pay someone especially if your insurance depends on a working system.

What you on about ? Yes I started it saying it didn't work which it didn't, I've done what I've been instructed to do and it resulted in what I've explained above.
The siren is supposed to go off all the time is it ? And no, I'm not too up on electrical which is why I've posted on a DIY forum to ask for advice but I can follow instructions so if you can't give any don't bother posting.

So if anyone else on here can HELP I would be very appreciative. As I've said I now know the siren works but it is now going off continuely, does the alarm need a complete reset or something ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back