Accenta G4 bell box siren NOT working !

Just to point out this alarm was in when we moved in, its not a new alarm.

Sponsored Links
I tested continuity by putting 2 wires together at a time at the panel and testing with multi meter at the bell.

Right now take them all apart and test again.

No tones or resistance should be seen or heard.

Sponsored Links
Now wire it up like this, and write down the colours as you go along.

Done, just to point out if you look at pics this is how it was wired before

Well something was not correct was there, if it does not work now the bell is stuffed. But we WILL HAVE PROVED THE CABLE and the panel.

So I`m not bothered what the pictures were before.

Ok, I put power back on and the siren sounds, I type code into keypad and the keypad stops sounding and resets but the bell keeps sounding.

Now take the bell trigger out again. ( I assume you have closed the bell tamper switch and fitted the screws)

If it still rings it needs replacing ( the sounder).

Screws on bell box are in the only tamper that's open is the spring on the panel,
Set it off again typed code into keypad, pulled trg wire out but its still sounding.

Well its stuffed then.
Get a new one.

Right I`m off out now, only sat here to get this finished for you,

cya l8tr

So is it something in the PCB in bell that is knackered and its not something to do with the panel before I buy a new bell box ?
Will any bell box work with the accents g4

Yeah any bell box will work try the texecom odyssey series.

http://www.alertelectrical.com/cat/20/texecom-bell-boxes

Let us know if you get one.

Cheers madman, was thinking of this http://www.alertelectrical.com/prod/1299/texecom-odyssey-3e-109db-external-sounder#desc

My excising one has no strobe on it, i think this one has, will the strobe work when the alarm goes off or will it need different wiring to whats already there?

I just hope when i get the bell box that it will solve the problem and its nothing to do with the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back