Accenta G4 bell box siren NOT working !

Well what do you think? Really?
We have the cable proved as being sound ( as long as you tested correctly)
We have taken the bell trigger away from the bell, and it still sounds (As long as it was wired correctly).

So that leaves one item to be at a known fault.

Tell you what get you test meter on DC range and put one probe on positive and another on bell trigger and see what the voltage is, it should be 0.
Then using bell test , test the bell and repeat and it should read 13.7 or similar.

Will that make you happy?

Sponsored Links
Yes the Odyssey 3 has 1 watt xenon Strobe lamp.

The one you have picked is the E version which has one piezo, it should be fine as the one you had before had one piezo.

Well what do you think? Really?
We have the cable proved as being sound ( as long as you tested correctly)
We have taken the bell trigger away from the bell, and it still sounds (As long as it was wired correctly).

So that leaves one item to be at a known fault.

Tell you what get you test meter on DC range and put one probe on positive and another on bell trigger and see what the voltage is, it should be 0.
Then using bell test , test the bell and repeat and it should read 13.7 or similar.

Will that make you happy?

Good idea, ill try that tomorrow.

Yes the Odyssey 3 has 1 watt xenon Strobe lamp.

The one you have picked is the E version which has one piezo, it should be fine as the one you had before had one piezo.

Yea great because I don't want it any louder than what if is now.

So will I need extra wiring for the strobe or does the strobe just flash when the bell sounds ?

Sponsored Links
As in previous it has its own trigger.
You know - the diagrams posted.

It has one extra wire , obvs the strobe trigger negative. Its not tied in with the sounder trigger, so the strobe or sounder can be activated individually.

the ventcroft bell box, check under the clear plastic cover at the side of the battery there should be a link or a jumper depending on age or model for sab/scb what is yours set at ?

the ventcroft bell box, check under the clear plastic cover at the side of the battery there should be a link or a jumper depending on age or model for sab/scb what is yours set at ?

Hi, ive took a pic of the pcb under the clear cover, couldnt see anything with sab or scb.
Did notice there is a bulb between the 2 led's, i take it that is a strobe so why did the installer not wire that up do you think ?

IMAG0262.jpg

Sorry for my lack of knoledge but what does that mean ? Is it on the picture.

Sorry for my lack of knoledge but what does that mean ? Is it on the picture.

Look at the Sticker what says " This Product Is Conformally Coated "
Just under it slightly to the left there is a 3 pins and blue jumper which covers 2 of those. Make sure that is set to SAB.

Ok so today i put the alarm into test mode, The siren is still going off all the time by the way, when i put the bell test to ON, I put the red wire of the multi meter to the WHITE & BLUE wire ane the black wire to the GREEN wire, This give me a reading of -0.50.
When i put the bell to OFF i get a reading -0.70.

Since then i have wired the stobe up and that works fine :D i have took the siren wires out of the bell box to shut it up but i can still hear the siren slightly coming from the PCB.

Do the readings mean that the panel is ok? if so i want to go ahead and order a bell box.

Thanks

P.s jumper 4 is set to SAB

F@@k it I give up.

Pay someone to do this properly.
You have no clue as to how to use a multimeter and I am surprised you have not yet killed yourself.
All the answers have been given but as a fool you refuse to accept them.

Go shag your misses, do something constructive. But for crying out loud when you ask and are given the answers stop poncing about and wasting others time.

F@@k it I give up.

Pay someone to do this properly.
You have no clue as to how to use a multimeter and I am surprised you have not yet killed yourself.
All the answers have been given but as a fool you refuse to accept them.

Go s**g your misses, do something constructive. But for crying out loud when you ask and are given the answers stop poncing about and wasting others time.

I love you alarm, i think your attitude and the way you express yourself is amazing, Merry Christmas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back