Accessible for inspection?, Pub Light Switch.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From my local,

A light switch with only ONE screw visible LOL
IMG_20230505_170551.jpg

Sponsored Links
Why people build new walls and cannot find someone who can move a switch just a few inches is beyond me.

That is accessible it will just leave a bit of wall missing.
To be serious how does anyone plaster a wall and cover up part of a switch?

I am not sure if I like plasterers. I remember when I was serving my time, I did a homer with a qualified spark. We did a first fix, loads of cables neatly clipped to the bare brick wall, boxes for sockets and switches all fixed. A week later we returned, and the house had been plastered, there was no sign of any cable or back box. It took us a while with a magnet, a cold chisel and a lump hammer to uncover all the boxes.

Sponsored Links
Why people build new walls and cannot find someone who can move a switch just a few inches is beyond me.
Quite so - or, as has been said, change it to an architrave switch.

When I moved into my house many years ago, there was a double socket with only half of it (i.e. 'one outlet') visible, the other half having disappeared into a new wall!

Kind Regards, John

I am not sure if I like plasterers. I remember when I was serving my time, I did a homer with a qualified spark. We did a first fix, loads of cables neatly clipped to the bare brick wall, boxes for sockets and switches all fixed. A week later we returned, and the house had been plastered, there was no sign of any cable or back box. It took us a while with a magnet, a cold chisel and a lump hammer to uncover all the boxes.
The exact same thing happened to me. I rang the plasterer and he was less than apologetic.

It seems rather extreme for just plastering.

I would guess either the swtich predates the wall, or some extra material (maybe sound insulation?) of quite substantial thickness was added to the walls surface.

I thought you going to say they removed all the cables and boxes because they were in the way...

It seems rather extreme for just plastering.

I would guess either the swtich predates the wall, or some extra material (maybe sound insulation?) of quite substantial thickness was added to the walls surface.
It looks to be like a new partition wall was built, at a 90 degree angle to the original wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back