Adding Wireless to Veritas R8 with IXP-W and 8XP-W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, first post and hoping my question is simple to resolve?

I have a Texecom Veritas R8 panel and I want to add some wireless zones (I have 4 spare hardwired zones). I bought the expansion pack with the IXP-W and 8XP-W modules and have connected everything up according to the manual.

However, I don't seem to be able to get the 8XP-W to 'learn' any devices. The manual states I should press the learn button (lid off) and look to a bank of LED's to illuminate to indicate which zone/device slot I am adding to. However pressing the learn button seems to have no effect at all, no LED's change state, they are all off. The system has power an the network LED's are flickering.

Anyone any idea what I am doing wrong please as the manual doesn't really assist me and I can't learn a device any other way as I am using the old Veritas main panel with no LCD display.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks all, I managed to sort this. It needed the first of the 4 dip switches setting to ON, the manual only referred to switch two but the YouTube clip had them both on so tried it and bingo!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back