Adoption

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Myself and the wife are thinking of adopting a child. Does anybody have any knowledge of what the process involves.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why not try fostering first? £400 per week according to the ad on the tele.

yep and after you helped for little they go back to where they came from
don`t think wife can take that strain

You might be glad to give them back.

Sponsored Links
You will have to attend several interviews some of which will be in your home. You need to provide details of a couple of people who will serve as referees, and who will also be interviewed at their homes and who will be asked why you would make good parents. You will obviously be CRB checked.

It is a long process, but if you go through it I wish you all the best with your application, its a great thing that you are considering and I am sure will be very rewarding to you and your wife.

It can often depend which agency you go through.
You will be interviewed for suitability which will include a house visit.
You'll both be asked to have medicals.

One of the "choices" you will get is the approx age and sex of the child, so it is worth thinking of this beforehand (we wanted a child below 2 yrs, were lucky to get a 6 day old baby boy 21 years ago).

Then it is often a matter of waiting

It can often depend which agency you go through.
You will be interviewed for suitability which will include a house visit.
You'll both be asked to have medicals.

One of the "choices" you will get is the approx age and sex of the child, so it is worth thinking of this beforehand (we wanted a child below 2 yrs, were lucky to get a 6 day old baby boy 21 years ago).

Then it is often a matter of waiting
whats actualy involed in the interveiws and 10 week training course

whats actualy involed in the interveiws and 10 week training course

The interviews are design to see if you will fit parents etc. We didn't do a training course (I suspect you are going through the local authority).

Strange isn't it, to adopt a child you need training, to have your own, you don't!

Once you do get a child you will often foster them for a few months prior to the formal adoption.

Just to add that it was the best thing we ever did, we now have a 6ft 6in young gentleman who is most certainly our son.

By law adoptees have the right on reaching 16 to be able to contact their birth mother/family. When we raised this and told him we had a letter from his birth mother he was totally dis-interested and gets annoyed if we push the matter.
This is another thing you will have to deal with down the line. Oh and never hide that fact that he/she is adopted!

I know someone that adopts, many children, but over the years, after getting to know them, the parents, the child is completly out of control, but the parents are completely bizarre..

IF I spent more time with them, I'd be mad, and brainwashed.

The husband, freely admits to wearing womens underwear...the Wife, sings nursery songs in normal conversation..

And these people are looking after kids?

I went to Bingo with this person, and got the braindrain....they suck the life out of you....bit like Amway...how can a carer be a carer, if they impose their views on you?

I know someone that adopts,..

IF I spent more time with them, I'd be mad, and brainwashed.

....they suck the life out of you....bit like Amway... ?
Maybe you spent too much time already . Now`t wrong with Amway - free enterprise works - look how it`s helped Britain :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back