advice concerning placement of a gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Me and my partner are about to sign a tenancy agreement with a private landlord, however I am a bit worried about the gas cooker in this new kitchen.
It is a standalone cooker and hob, with worktops on the left side and nothing on the right side. It is also right next to an inside opening door. If this door gets accidentally slammed or blown open, it will slam straight into the right side of the cooker. Just FYI, there are no cabinets or extractors above the oven.

Now obviously, this is a very stupid/dangerous setup, but is it illegal?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
confused you say it is a standalone cooker and hob , no such thing, is it a standalone cooker or is it an oven and hob, regardless as its a private let then by-law it will require a landlords gas safety inspection record which you must get a copy of so see what that says about it

Sponsored Links
I fail to understand how a door can open and close as doors do, and still hit the cooker.

Make sure you see that gas safety Certificate!

Tony

I fail to understand how a door can open and close as doors do, and still hit the cooker.

Make sure you see that gas safety Certificate!

Tony

:confused:Do you actually know how doors work?

:confused::confused: what is this all about FFS , op sort the door out

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back