Advice needed re ideal istor he260 boiler please

Sponsored Links
Actually the Ideal cylinder is fine and could be retained with any new heat only or system boiler.

fine it may be but if its like all the other store boilers i've seen it will be a direct cylinder, so good luck with that.

£2000 is a load of crap, that would have been including installation - but still way too dear for an ideal. See my post above.

is that a joke son

tbh these istors are 1400-00 to buy then fittings pipe inhibitor, flush,

cost you 1800 for the gear, its the likes of you who do stuff for **** all

It was a rough guess on the basis that I thought it was a combi.

And it's the likes of you who fit those ideal pieces of sh*te who give people their problems

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately no, we haven't had the boiler serviced, we were told to expect this boiler to last at last 10 - 15 years, so this has come as a huge shock to us.
Would you expect a car to last 10 -15 years if it hadn't been serviced?

The User Instructions for your boiler, which I assume were left behind by the installers, says:

The appliance should be serviced at least once a year by a CORGI (now Gassafe) engineer.

The engineer also needs to have "G3" qualification as it is an unvented cylinder.

I know that you are probably strapped for cash with a new baby but, unfortunately, you have brought this problem upon yourself by not following the manufacturer's advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back