Advice on poor standard on electrical work i've had carried out.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear.

Is that who did Tirglas_7's work in the other thread?

Just absolutely no idea how bad he is.
Astonishing that he could think that is an advert for his company.

Don't think there is another thread, it's this thread.

This bloke calls himself a professional, and is clearly advertising his business with his logo and telephone number on the van.

Apart from doing EVERYTHING wrong, he doesn't even show you how to wire it up - which is probably just as well.

It would have been easier and neater and safer just to it properly rather than trying to mess about like he has.

This bloke clearly has not served an apprenticeship, has he?

Sponsored Links
This bloke clearly has not served an apprenticeship, has he?
Hasn't attended the school of common sense either.

Flush mounting a surface box - making a quick and simple job 100x more difficult.

Be afraid - this person does gas as well:

Hasn't attended the school of common sense either.

Flush mounting a surface box - making a quick and simple job 100x more difficult.

Be afraid - this person does gas as well:

Yes, apparently on the same property as his bloody awful electrical work :eek: or does he live there ?:rolleyes:

DS

I think he just qualified and got a mate to stamp a logo on his van. Looks like all the videos are filmed at his own home but he probably does have a couple customers AKA neighbours on either side.

Also gotta disagree with sparkwright about showing the wiring... too many YT videos show how to terminate wires but never how to actually run them through the house - which is the hardest part IMO.

I've just realised why he said he was going to drill a hole which was too big.

It's for that other cable which, I presume exits between the pattress and the face plate - may not be quite waterproof, then - depending how much sealant he has used, of course.

I think he just qualified and got a mate to stamp a logo on his van. Looks like all the videos are filmed at his own home but he probably does have a couple customers AKA neighbours on either side.

Also gotta disagree with sparkwright about showing the wiring... too many YT videos show how to terminate wires but never how to actually run them through the house - which is the hardest part IMO.

Well this video didn't show how any wiring went through the house, as such.

Also, we never got to see what happened to the earth wires he terminated in that earth block.

I think this is the one video on YouTube where we do need to see the wiring.

Besides, you can never have enough videos showing how to terminate wires on YouTube - too many DIYers cannot do this properly. They don't tighten the terminals, or wires don't enter the terminal soundly, and the connections are bad. And good connections is the principal factor of electrical work. Making connections is part of ALL electrical work, even the simplest of jobs, such as basic replacements.

Last edited:
I've just realised why he said he was going to drill a hole which was too big.

It's for that other cable which, I presume exits between the pattress and the face plate - may not be quite waterproof, then - depending how much sealant he has used, of course.

He also drilled through the back of the box rather then use the 4 holes provided outside of the weatherproofed section of the box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back