Advice required on work related issue

Hi Folks

I hope you're all well. Just to give you an update on my work situation:

My 3 month probation expired on Tuesday 15th, and my line manager has not mentioned anything about a review meeting, so I don't as yet know whether or not I have passed my probation! She has continued to give me work to do as normal.

However, she did mention on Wednesday the 16th of whether I will be bringing in cakes or samosas on my birthday, which is on 25th January.

I will continue to give you folks further updates, as and when.

Thanks for your responses, so far.

I wouldnt worry, you wont have a job after 29th March..........unless you are a customs officer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
I reckon they’re going to enjoy his cakes on the Friday morning and give him his cards that night......

Somewhere I worked once a receptionist was leaving (we later discovered that she'd severed all ties and was leaving the country) and she brought in cakes.

She had laced her manager's cake with PCP.

I am not advising that geek84 does this.

Sponsored Links
Somewhere I worked once a receptionist was leaving (we later discovered that she'd severed all ties and was leaving the country) and she brought in cakes.

I was on a site once where the particularly nasty foreman was given an LSD laced cake.

Made a very interesting afternoon :)

She laced a fairy cake with angel dust :ROFLMAO:

When I was an apprentice, a mechanic had a row and chucked his job in one morning and walked out. At lunchtime when we went in to wash our hands, he’d had a **** in the swarfega tin!

When I was an apprentice, a mechanic had a row and chucked his job in one morning and walked out. At lunchtime when we went in to wash our hands, he’d had a **** in the swarfega tin!
I've just tried to find the yonks old post I made related to this, but either it's been removed or I never actually told the story.

The story of a guy I shared a flat with at uni, who a year or two before had been in a flat share with someone who was always quite happy to do the cooking when mashed potato was on the menu.

On day he was caught adding a "personal ingredient" to add to the creaminess of the mash. :eek:

My darling brother put speed in my tea when I was 12, and off to cycle the London to Brighton next day. I can still remember his fits of laughter when I left at 5am after no sleep at all to get the train to London. What a wan ker! (but at least he didn't make me mash).

I've just tried to find the yonks old post I made related to this, but either it's been removed or I never actually told the story.

The story of a guy I shared a flat with at uni, who a year or two before had been in a flat share with someone who was always quite happy to do the cooking when mashed potato was on the menu.

On day he was caught adding a "personal ingredient" to add to the creaminess of the mash. :eek:

I've always been VERY careful about where & what I eat if it's outside my own kitchen. I cannot bring myself to eat the product of any High St' fast food restaurant after sitting down & listening to the father of an ex-girlfriend who happened to be the local councils trading standards inspector of such establishments . . . . He unofficially (because it wasn't/isn't part of the remit) had samples analysed in a laboratory & 95% of the results come back with evidence of fecal matter & human semen being present !!!

I remember him asking me to NEVER take his daughter for a curry, fish & chips were OK 'cos they were deep fried, but anything cooked by slow heat was strictly out of bounds.

My darling brother put speed in my tea when I was 12, and off to cycle the London to Brighton next day. I can still remember his fits of laughter when I left at 5am after no sleep at all to get the train to London. What a wan ker! (but at least he didn't make me mash).

I once took some "flapjacks" to a company do which had a special ingredient originally sourced from Afghanistan. Or Lebanon - can't remember now. No guarantee I could remember then, either.

All was well apart from one guy who misrepresented his experience of such ingredients and ended up a total mess.

Hi folks

An update on my work situation ...

Some of the more 'important' tasks have been taken away from me and I have been allocated the 'lesser' important' tasks such as photocopying and repetitive data entry. The reason I was given was that I have made quite a few mistakes on the original job tasks allocated to me when I joined the department in October 2017.

However, I have not as yet had a one to one with my manager or finance controller, ever since I have started working in this dept.

My question is ..

If they decide to get rid of me within the next few weeks or so, can I argue that I have never had a one to one since I started in this dept, or shall I just collect my belongings and leave the building, since I have been with the company for less than 2 years, so don't have full employee rights?

Thanks in advance for you responses.

You should stay, but start looking for another job.

2 years or not, full rights or not, you are never going to be happy there being so fearful and suspicious of your employer.

Sponsored Links
Back