Afghanistan -is leaving the right thing?

I know the Taliban can't fly these,most of the helicopters are old tech,some even pre Vietnam and i doubt the Russians or even Iranians would be interested,the only one is the AH-64 and they won't be left as they can be flown out in aircraft,or at worst destroyed.

Sponsored Links
20 years

trillions of dollars

over 5000 troops lost there lives

and the entire country collapsed in
10 days

when the Russians left

the country took 3 years to collapse :confused:

Last edited:
20 years

trillions of dollars

10 days

when the Russians left

Who says Afghanistan has collapsed? Only in uour warped fantasy. Afghanistan has just defeated the US and Nato, thats hardly a collapse. Thats victory in their eyes, and in the eyes of most of the world.

20 years

trillions of dollars

10 days

when the Russians left

The big question is what do we do in a few years time if the terrorist training camps start up again and they start targeting the west? Do we bother going in again or do we just bomb them from 30,000 foot.

It has been such a waste trying to help them build a better country, the minute we leave them to it they revert back to type. I feel so sorry for the Afghan women, after having a taste of freedom and liberty for it all to be taken away - but I suppose it is their country and it is up to them how they run it

Sponsored Links
The Americans should have supported the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.
For their own selfish Geopolitical reasons America decided to fan the flames of Islamic fundamentalism.
That decision literally blew up in their face with the 9/11 attacks.

Who says Afghanistan has collapsed? Only in uour warped fantasy. Afghanistan has just defeated the US and Nato, thats hardly a collapse. Thats victory in their eyes, and in the eyes of most of the world.
Bet the women of Afghan are celebrating the glorious victory with their Taliban mates too :(

Let the lunatics take over the asylum ;)

bin ladens mate had just returned to Afghanistan

He has been away for 20 years

Let the lunatics take over the asylum ;)

bin ladens mate had just returned to Afghanistan

He has been away for 20 years

Reckon Gasbusters should get over there now. He could buddy up with his Tali/muslim mates and service all of there open flued water heaters badly. O/F 30KW heater in your barracks, no probs. Just nail all the windows shut, put a rag over the terminal and stick some goat **** in the vents. Turn up the gas rate as high as it goes and voila.
PS was he Iron Naz?

Reckon Gasbusters should get over there now. He could buddy up with his Tali/muslim mates and service all of there open flued water heaters badly. O/F 30KW heater in your barracks, no probs. Just nail all the windows shut, put a rag over the terminal and stick some goat **** in the vents. Turn up the gas rate as high as it goes and voila.
PS was he Iron Naz?

oh it’s him that comes up as ignored member I binged him on ignore ages ago in the CC

At least he has decided to post his ball cocks in here as opposed to his constant attempts to politicise the CC ;)

he loves the taliban and has always supported them

Do we bother going in again or do we just bomb them from 30,000 foot.

I asked earlier why don't we drop a few atomic bombs on Afghanistan and nobody answered. It's a massive taboo but it would get the job done. It worked on Japan.

The only option that would not be indiscriminate would be to root out and kill taliban members one by one. Why wasn't this done in the 20 years we were there?

Just leaving the taliban to it should not be an option considered by any decent person.

I asked earlier why don't we drop a few atomic bombs on Afghanistan and nobody answered. It's a massive taboo but it would get the job done. It worked on Japan.

The only option that would not be indiscriminate would be to root out and kill taliban members one by one. Why wasn't this done in the 20 years we were there?

Just leaving the taliban to it should not be an option considered by any decent person.

the problem would be the fall out to neighbouring countries may be

depending what you read atomic weapons were considered in Vietnam ? By Nixon ?? The subject
Cropped up ?

Interesting to note that Vietnam went pear shaped after Nixon was
Removed from office

some say he pushed or others pushed the Nixon / madman nuclear strike scenario ???

My suggestions were there in my post above the line you quoted.
I guess you didn't understand my question...

What YOU plan to do about it?
And you would be willing to go in and do this...

Were you there in those 20 years?

Bet the women of Afghan are celebrating the glorious victory with their Taliban mates too :(

Whats to say their not? Just because sone are unhappy doesnt mean everyone is.

Look at uk elections, look at brexit, look how many people were furious about the outcomes, not everyone is gona be happy.

But the Afghan transfer of power was far smoother then the recent US elections.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back