Age of these electrics?

...but that's the point; it doesn't, does it? ... You have said yourself "nearly always" ... therefore... SWA, Control cables, Fire alarm cables, Bell wire etc.
Indeed - although I'm not sure that really negates my "nearly always"!

However, I'm not sure that any of this alters what I've been saying - that I'm not at all sure that there is any (UK) regulation forbidding bare CPCs in SWA, Control cables, Fire Alarm cables etc. (if, that is, one could find any such cables with bare CPCs!!) ('Bell wire' doesn't usually have a CPC at all!), when they are used 'as part of an installation' (aka 'fixed wiring'), whereas I suspect that some regulations (not BS7671) do preclude the use of a flexible cable with a bare CPC for purposes (appliance/equipment cables, extension leads etc.) which are not part of an electrical installation.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back