Ah - if only ignorance were bliss, eh?

Sponsored Links
Well what are you doing man???

Turn the car round and go back there immediately!!

Never seen anything like that, but SWMBO expresses discontent when I point stuff out to hosts when we go away. So far they've been appreciative of constructive feedback - usually on little things like "this is how you can adjust the door so it shuts properly, the fitters never seem to bother" sort of stuff.

Sponsored Links
SWMBO expresses discontent when I point stuff out to hosts when we go away
I spend a lot of time in hotels for work, and I always point out anything that could be improved. Most are very grateful - after all, they don't stay in the rooms, so have no other way of finding any problems. Some are so grateful they knock a bit off the bill or give me some extra loyalty points. One in the Cotswolds though (not a work trip!) got shirty when I pointed out the toilet was blocked - told me I must have put something down it to cause the blockage. I had of course put something down the toilet, but only what it was designed for!

told me I must have put something down it to cause the blockage. I had of course put something down the toilet, but only what it was designed for!
From experience I can confirm that the latter does in no way mean that you were not guilty of the former.

BAS has frequently said he is not and has never said he is.

I will say that his question did not actually mean "What does it do?" but "How does it do it?".

He is known for being a stickler for accuracy but seems to be slipping lately.

As above, im sure he knows what the test button does.
He likely meant how does it actually function internally, most electricians have never seen one, let alone a Diyer and most people are not stupid enough to take the covers off with it live anyway

I will say that his question did not actually mean "What does it do?" but "How does it do it?".
That is what it meant.

But both ways of phrasing it are accurate.

He is known for being a stickler for accuracy but seems to be slipping lately.
I don't really think that "what does the test button on a VOELCB do?" (answer "it connects the coil to line via a resistor") was particularly inaccurate.

He likely meant how does it actually function internally, most electricians have never seen one, let alone a Diyer and most people are not stupid enough to take the covers off with it live anyway
Memo to self:

When the USB cable for the camera is found, do not upload the photos of the internals of the VOELCB. :sneaky:

A look at one of flameports youtube videos should be able to tell you how the test button is configured on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back