Al Murray - Britain Has Never Stood Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Full of second hand nostalgia and romantic notions of empire. It's secondhand as non of them experienced the world war but were brought up as our empire was falling apart still clinging to the idea of our position in the world.

Al Murray couldnt really be further from the pub landlord, he went to a public school that was founded in 1552 where he was head boy and he then studied history at Oxford.

Sponsored Links
Al Murray couldnt really be further from the pub landlord, he went to a public school that was founded in 1552 where he was head boy and he then studied history at Oxford.
Oh no, and I really thought he was a real pub landlord. :rolleyes: He's playing a character you plum.
In other news, a bear was seen ****ting in the woods and the Pope declared he was a catholic.

Oh no, and I really thought he was a real pub landlord. :rolleyes: He's playing a character you plum.
In other news, a bear was seen ****ting in the woods and the Pope declared he was a catholic.
Its not your best effort at sarcasm, but thank you for trying :)

Yes, he is a comedian doing much the same as Johnny Speight did with Alf Garnet; not espousing aspirations which you can achieve, but taking the pìss out of people who think like that.

Too subtle for most, I presume.

Al Murray studied modern history at university and knows quite a bit more about ww2 than most of the "we stood Alison" brigade.
I worked in a venue that held about 100 max when he was starting out on the comedy circuit and he appeared a few times. He was a nice bloke and bloody funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back