OH NO THE REMAINERS WERE RIGHT !

"Ireland remains committed to a strong Europe," he said"

The evidence suggests it was true.

Sponsored Links
Imho any one who cannot except a democratic vote on this subject

can pack there case & leave would solve a few issues. Go to Germany they will take a couple of million :LOL:

we could even have whip round to fund it may be :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Imho any one who cannot except a democratic vote on this subject

can pack there case & leave would solve a few issues. Go to Germany they will take a couple of million :LOL:

we could even have whip round to fund it may be :LOL:
That predictive text is a bitch ! Accept

For those of you who are having difficulty in understanding what I meant when I referred to Britain standing alone I'm referring to the days after dunkirk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_at_War

Episode 3 France falls
Episode 4 Alone referring to, at that point, the sole adversary of Hitler

In this programme it makes the point that at this time britain had no allies .......
I think that sums up the expression Britain standing alone. 8.40 minutes in.

And in case anyone here is unfamiliar with the programme

The World at War attracted widespread acclaim and is now regarded as a landmark in British television history.[2] The producer Jeremy Isaacs was considered ahead of his time in resurrecting studies of military history.[3]Among many other aspects, the series focused on a portrayal of the experience of the conflict: of how life and death throughout the war years affected soldiers, sailors and airmen, civilians, concentration camp inmates and other victims of tyranny.

Last edited:
The fact that the remain voters are now throwing there toys out the pram is to be expected. :LOL:

TBF, I think either leavers would be up in arms if the remainers won.

Let's face it, right at the start of vote counting, Mr. Fromage insisted that remainers would win and the blame for this would be placed squarely on Cam's shoulders because he extended the deadline for voter registration and an extra 2m people were eligible to vote.

As the difference between the leave and remain votes was less than 2m, I wonder if it would have made a difference either way?

Do you know a connection between democracy and gasbag's delirious ramblings?

And than The E.U the non democratic pencil pushers & paper shufflers with there snouts in the trough who have abosolutely no interest in democracy

Now that we're leaving, who do you think will negotiate our exit deal? Elected officials, or OUR non democratic pen pushers aka civil servants? I think the latter.

TBF, I think either leavers would be up in arms if the remainers won.

I think Farage would have been, but no one else. Look how many people on this site thought we'd lose; even Gove went to bed early thinking they'd lost, so I don't think that there'd be the same vindictive attitude as the remainers are showing.

Watching Dimbleby tonight was interesting. Both Dianne Abbot and Anna Soubry both said we had to move on, but lost no opportunity in attacking the Brexiteers. It was a remarkable young man of 19 in the audience who felt his generation/peers were naive in thinking they could get the EU to change, when all the empirical evidence from David Camerons re-negotaiotions showed they wouldn't

Gove and Boris both seemed shocked to have won.

There is a view they weren't prepared for it and don't know what to do.

"‘They thought Boris would emerge as a heroic loser who had proved his Tory credentials and secured his right to be Cameron’s successor.

‘But it blew up in their faces and they will have to clear the mess up.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ael-Gove-s-betrayal-60-second-phone-call.html

Very much more on
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/25/boris-johnson-michael-gove-eu-liars

"Naturally, Michael Gove, former Times columnist, responded to the thousands of economists who warned he was taking an extraordinary risk with the sneer that will follow him to his grave: “People in this country have had enough of experts.” He’s being saying the same for years.

If sneers won’t work, the worst journalists lie. The Times
fired Johnson for lying to its readers. Michael Howard fired Johnson for lying to him. When he’s cornered, Johnson accuses others of his own vices, as unscrupulous journalists always do. Those who question him are the true liars, he blusters, whose testimony cannot be trusted because, as he falsely said of the impeccably honest chairman of the UK Statistics Authority, they are “stooges”."

There is a view they weren't prepared for it and don't know what to do

I agree with you completely. But they can't do much till the leadership contest, so it's not quite as straightforward as it seems.

And now 8 members of the shadow cabinet have resigned over Corbyn sacking Benn.

There does seem to be a lack of leadership on all side though.

‘But it blew up in their faces and they will have to clear the mess up.’

Of course the other way of looking at the Daily Mail article, is that Cameron showed his true colours with his petulant attitude to Gove, and was happy to put that anger before the good of the country. And that self serving pathetic rant by Nick Cohen in the Guardian just shows that the Remain camp aren't going to let things settle down until they've got their own way again.

Boris Johnson lying over an affair is a personal thing, but the lies that Cameron and the others told were designed to keep themselves in power, and that's why the electorate turned against them.

Sponsored Links
Back