alarm call for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose, a person who feels entitled to spout might act offended, when asked to back up their unsubstantiated allegations.

Sponsored Links
If you have a motion sensor covering your front door make sure a large letter coming thru the letterbox won't set it off.

If I think of any more I'll add them later.
What I should have said there is...

Make sure you fit your motion sensor somewhere that it "won't see" a large letter coming thru the door, rather than my inference of trying to set it to "ignore" that letter. ie mine is fitted above the door and facing away, into the hallway.

EXAMPLE 1
"I have had nothing but problems with my Yale alarm in the last 3 months. The control panel PSU over heated and burnt out. We get random tamper messages from the PIRs even when we are in the house. This means the alarm rings my mobile to tell me there is a problem even though I know there is non. Bought from screwfix with no after sales care from them or Yale on how to sort problems. Result: I am left with a Yale alarm I do not trust at all."

EXAMPLE 2
"I wanted this alarm for a single story building, and this is just not suitable. Undo one screw on the casing to tske it off. There is a switch inside labelled "OFF" which disables everything including the siren, so you can silence it in less than a second of the anti-tampering feature sounding off the siren.
Except I didn't get that far, because the unit was faulty and sounded off all the time while I was installing it, and the keypad instructions on how to disable the anti tamper feature (to stop that) didn't work"

EXAMPLE 3
"I got the Yale home connect alarm (Yale premium alarm) from Yale security point as I wanted an alarm system from a name I could trust. The alarm cost me £450 with installation. I have now found out that I could buy the same alarm (Yale premium alarm) for £200! In other words Yale charged me £250 for 3 hours work! What a rip off. I called the installer after a problem with the control panel only to be told by him that he no longer works for Yale security point. I had to get help via the DIY help email form. Beware of paying over the top installation fees for this DIY class alarm. "
Last one sounds familiar ;)

Example 1
Someone who doesn't know how to fit one properly. Granted the PSU issue is a genuine complaint. Yale seem to swap the PSU suppliers reqularly.However the rest shows he hasn't a clue how to install.

EXAMPLE 2.
So a numpty buys an alarm where he could not put the siren in a safe place . . . who's fault is that? Again someone else who does not know how to install properly.

EXAMPLE 3.
Yep Yale Securitypoint did whack a ridiculous amount on for fitting an alarm. I was astonished at their prices. I have been well below them for years.

No I have never been connected to Yale nor am I a professional installer.

Just someone who has more experience of fitting them than anybody else on this forum without exception.

As for your wife and her returns...

They are the Friedland response systems or the B&Q own make not the 3000 systems I haven't had trouble with.

My £5 offers are still open.

Roll up, roll up!

It would be since you are asking for stats that are not available.

:eek:

Take me to any house that has a yale wireless fitted, with the permission of the owner, and I will be at the bedroom window within a couple of minutes waving to you. That will include going in through the door without damage.

So are you saying you can Jam the system WITHOUT setting off the external siren?
I don't think so.

Sponsored Links
My £5 offers are still open.

Roll up, roll up!

It would be since you are asking for stats that are not available.

:eek:

Take me to any house that has a yale wireless fitted, with the permission of the owner, and I will be at the bedroom window within a couple of minutes waving to you. That will include going in through the door without damage.

So are you saying you can Jam the system WITHOUT setting off the external siren?
I don't think so.

You work around Leeds by the sounds of it so why not put me to the test? I can assure you your customer with ask you to take it out.

But I'm sure you won't and I'm just a geek not a experience thief.

It would be really lovely if someone can provide evidence that a real burglar has done this.

...if such evidence exists, that is.

Just someone who has more experience of fitting them than anybody else on this forum without exception.

Doesn't take a genius to fit an "off the shelf" DIY system, that's why it's aimed at the DIY market. It takes a special sort of person to make a living out of installing DIY systems.

I don't think so.
That can be achieved quite simply when one has two pieces of information that are not in the pubic domain but can be discovered experimentally.

A third experiment would determine if the jamming detection has been turned off, if it has then jamming to block the signals from sensors would go un-detected.

( ironically a nearby OWLE alarm may be triggered by the jamming and divert attention from the house being burgled )

( OWLE One Way Licence Exempt )

If the systems being returned to B & Q are also OWLE then it shows that OLWE alarms are not as reliable as one would expect for a burglar alarm.

These problems are NOT the fault of the designers / manufacturers, they are there because the use of OWLE radio has constraints imposed on it.

• Thanks
Reactions: dpt
You work around Leeds by the sounds of it so why not put me to the test? I can assure you your customer with ask you to take it out.

If you are to use Jamming then you will either set off the siren OR the jamming if it does not meet the algorithm/criteria for setting the siren off will allow the sensors to transmit a signal.
If the home is properly alarmed and surveyed how would you get through a door then a hallway and then an upstairs landing and into a bedroom past a door contact and two pirs without setting off the jamming detection or being detected by a sensor?

I don't think we're at risk of dpt burgling many houses.

But it would be interesting to know if any real burglars have ever used this method. My £5 is still on offer for the first person to show solid evidence that they have.

In the absence of evidence we are entitled to dismiss it as a fanciful tale.

Do you want his name and address?

Harrogate is the area, isn't it Mark, sorry fas......s, silly me, mdf290

I'll be needing Europlex's name and address so I can send his £5, in the unlikely event that he ever provides evidence to support his fanciful claims.

If you are to use Jamming then you will either set off the siren OR the jamming if it does not meet the algorithm/criteria for setting the siren off will allow the sensors to transmit a signal.
If the home is properly alarmed and surveyed how would you get through a door then a hallway and then an upstairs landing and into a bedroom past a door contact and two pirs without setting off the jamming detection or being detected by a sensor?

I have given you a clue (sort of) but here is a big one.

[removed by mods]

We can talk about algorithm "hacks" if you want but you need to demonstrate some knowledge or I will be wasting my time.

Directed at JohnD

Top 2 lines from his website.

"NEW HOMES - PARK HOMES - LANDLORDS - EMPTY PROPERTIES - WORKSHOPS - REPLACE OLD ALARMS - CARAVANS - UNITS AND MORE"

....and, NO, I'm NOT going to give you his address for £5 or any other amount. Suffice to say that I do know where '290 comes from.

I even know his mobile number, and I'm not going to give you that either.

Did you notice " ", that is a quote, happy with that?

ps

Ask him about his bird tables, they are quite good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back