Americans and their fixation with easy access to guns?

Sponsored Links
The old saying, "when in Rome do as the Romans do" comes to mind.

Tim

Ps the thread titled "One Man' Opinion" is a rather long read.

Last edited:
One of the founders of the "Never Again" campaign was interviewed on the BBC this morning.
He was in the school when the shooting was going on.
He knew some of the victims.
Yet even he is not interested in removing the right to bear arms, only to "increase controls".

Americans want guns.

Americans want guns.
They sure diddly-do.
What will never happen is that the children of senators or congressman or children of high ranking pro-gun lobbyists will ever become victims of a mass shooting. Otherwise, what's a few high school students v's the might of Americas love of the gun.

Sponsored Links
They sure diddly-do.
What will never happen is that the children of senators or congressman or children of high ranking pro-gun lobbyists will ever become victims of a mass shooting. Otherwise, what's a few high school students v's the might of Americas love of the gun.

You've missed the point; even the victims don't want personal gun ownership banning.

The old saying, "when in Rome do as the Romans do" comes to mind.

Tim

Ps the thread titles "One Man' Opinion" is a rather long read.

This blokes opinion is 10,000 words long and is larger than this forum is able to load in on go.

I will endevor to load it in bite size chunks over the next 24/48 hours.

Tim

does anything demonstrate that people want to read it?

you could just add a link to your source material, instead of copying it in.

does anything demonstrate that people want to read it?

you could just add a link to your source material, instead of copying it in.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have it in a word file and do not remember the site I copied it from link sp will have to do it long hand.

Tim

I can't see how that equates to personal gun ownership?

Before the militia became a regular army; ordinary settlers formed a militia when there was a problem, hence the right for individuals to bear arms. Now, they're just obstinate stroppy buggers that insist on their rights, partially because everyone else is doing so, therefore they're afraid of being the idiot that hasn't got one.

I think you are missing the point.

The militia has not become a regular army.

A militia would be a defence against the regular army or other authorities should the Government use it to become a dictatorship, for example.

Now, they're just obstinate stroppy buggers that insist on their rights, partially because everyone else is doing so, therefore they're afraid of being the idiot that hasn't got one.

......and partly due to the reverence in which they hold their "founding fathers".

I think you are missing the point.

The militia has not become a regular army.

A militia would be a defence against the regular army or other authorities should the Government use it to become a dictatorship, for example.

Which is also why banning semi-automatic weapons would be nonsensical; waving a pistol would be like waving a peashooter.

does anything demonstrate that people want to read it?.

All I can say is that most of the replies appear to me to be from well meaning but I'll informed people.

These people may not be aware of information that could support/disprove their current position.

By giving people the opotunity to read information which they may not have been aware of they may able to better understand the mind set of a lot of American citizens.

Having read the 10.000 words they may be able to put forward a sensible argument/arguments countering the writer.

I hope you will agree that as the UK is a free country it is entirely up to the individual members of Diynot to do as they wish
Tim

Last edited:
NRA.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back