Amir Kahn knocked out in 54 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always said he was another Audley Harrison. Me and my dad have had a friendly difference of opinion since he won a silver medal at the last Olympics. My dad said he'd be a world champion, I always said he'd get battered against a half decent fighter. It's great when you can feel smug for a change, instead of usually being wrong. :LOL:

That's the problem though with this country - because we have very few sports successes, we always get carried away as soon as someone shows even a tiny amount of potential. I think Kahn is over-hyped and is better going back to being an amateur.

Sorry for going on, but like I said - it's not often I get to feel smug.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Are there any real warriors in boxing now that could be compared to greats (which spring to mind) like Hagler, Hit man Hearns , Sugar Ray ,Roberto Duran etc.

That's the problem though with this country - because we have very few sports successes, we always get carried away as soon as someone shows even a tiny amount of potential.
Did you actually watch the Olympics? We did VERY well. It was a surprise granted but at least we 'seem' to be going in the right direction. Lewis Hamilton isn't exactly Slow! Fair enough, he didn't win the championship last year but he's still young and has potential.
As for Khan, I have to agree with you, he was/is over hyped in my opinion but then the Promoter has a LOT to do with that. The Brits have a long history of following boxing and we are desperate for a new world champion. Its understandable to a certain degree that some of us get a bit over confident of our fighters.

Sponsored Links
Amir Khan has been found out! I never like him anyway to be honest and thought he was just picking easy opponents to make him look good.

you either got or you ai'nt got class , old blue eyes said it. .your good son real good ,but just remember as long as i am around you'll alway be 2nd , get used to it , EDWARD,G,Roberson in the Cincinnati kid :LOL: :LOL:

our only saviour at the moment seems to be Calzaghe

Maybe they'll change his name to Amir Khan't.

In boxing structures, Amir was the big underdog in that fight. A new trainer has tried him against a 'big puncher' who exposed him early on.

Frank (Warren) should have stopped this bout as Amir wasnt ready for it. In 12 months he might be.

As a fighter, you must learn and Amir went in cocky. Yes, he is fast. Yes he is a good combination fighter.... but one thing he is not a powerful puncher. He has no defence as previous fighters have never tested him.

Ive always said Amir will be undone before he had 20 fights. Proved right unfortunately. :(

Dave

Are there any real warriors in boxing now that could be compared to greats (which spring to mind) like Hagler, Hit man Hearns , Sugar Ray ,Roberto Duran etc.

I think in 30 years or so from now people will still look back to these guys quoted above.

I think in 30 years or so from now people will still look back to these guys quoted above.
Come on! we're not that great... are we? I mean, you seriously think in 30 years time people will look back at 'these guys quoted above':
dangermouse46
Soggy_weetabix
tim west
joe-90
billyo
me :)
You :)
gcol
LionsDen

:D

Come on! we're not that great... are we? I mean, you seriously think in 30 years time people will look back at 'these guys quoted above':
dangermouse46
Soggy_weetabix
tim west
joe-90
billyo
gcol
LionsDen

So, i AM on your ignore list :LOL:

dangermouse46
Soggy_weetabix
tim west
joe-90
billyo
gcol
LionsDen

So, i AM on your ignore list :LOL:
Not at all Libby but neither are you a poster (until now) in this thread... ie a 'name above'. :D.... Unless you ARE on my ignore list and I didn't realise... :confused: But then how can I see you now? Oh I don't feel well...

Sponsored Links
Back