Amir Kahn knocked out in 54 seconds

Sponsored Links
He's a neighbour too me nothng special, made a few quid,but he's put money back into local community. and you slag him,?

What do you give?

Sponsored Links
That's the problem though with this country - because we have very few sports successes, we always get carried away as soon as someone shows even a tiny amount of potential.
Did you actually watch the Olympics? We did VERY well. It was a surprise granted but at least we 'seem' to be going in the right direction. Lewis Hamilton isn't exactly Slow! Fair enough, he didn't win the championship last year but he's still young and has potential.
As for Khan, I have to agree with you, he was/is over hyped in my opinion but then the Promoter has a LOT to do with that. The Brits have a long history of following boxing and we are desperate for a new world champion. Its understandable to a certain degree that some of us get a bit over confident of our fighters.
And to carry on with the theme... Britain has won four gold medals on the first day of action of the Paralympics. Gold Medals aren't usually given out to just any sportsmen/women who 'show a tiny amount of potential'. I think we have something to be rightly proud of at this moment in time. We're not, as you suggest, having 'very few sports successes' of late, we're having LOTS of success and I cannot recall many people getting 'carried away'. I think we are actually very muted in our sporting celebrations in this country compared to other countries. I would suggest that we should celebrate these achievements even more.

well this fight proved one thing, muslims do not drink.
saturday night that amir didnt get a round in :LOL:

We did do very well at the Olympics, but you have to admit, as a rule, the UK are not known for our sporting greatness. The olympics aside, I can't name many sports that we are good at.

I was actually talking about the 4 years since Amir Kahn won a silver medal. During that time we have been very poor in our sporting performances, giving Kahn and Audley far too many column inches in hype.

There are however a few sports that we are very good at which the media seem to all but ignore. Take rugby league for example - being from St. Helens, I am of course a big fan - we regularly beat Australia and New Zealand and can hold our own against anyone.

It just annoys me that the media ignores the sports which we really are good at and very successful at, instead they prefer to attempt to make the likes of Kahn into sporting gods.

Take rugby league for example - being from St. Helens, I am of course a big fan - we regularly beat Australia and New Zealand and can hold our own against anyone.

That's because you have a team full of cheats. ;)

No :LOL:

My location is slightly misleading. All I'll say is we play Wigan tomorrow night, and I think that will be the end to our season. :cry:

.... to make the likes of Kahn into sporting gods.
Quote from a text message I received.... "Amir Kahn entered the ring as a sporting hero, and left the ring as just another f***ing pakistani.
Joking aside, that seems to be the impression I get - Pakistanis are ok as long as they're doing well for us, but when they're not, they're tossed aside and mocked. I suppose Amir hasn't helped himself with his show-boating. Nothing like Nazim Hamed though. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back