Amnesty on asylum claims

Sponsored Links
Great first post. Amnesty no. The gov know that people from some countries will be granted asylum according to the rules used. This can be used to process them more quickly and avoid some other aspects.

It also probably leaves them more freedom with people who do not come from them.

Sponsored Links
Why are you asking me? I wasn't the one claiming there was an Amnesty. The quote was:

by simply granting what amounts to an amnesty to migrants from a number of African and Middle Eastern countries, reports suggest”

It does however appear that the government are looking at a range of measures including safe routes as well as a blanket ban on illegal entrants.

If that kills off the traffickers business and stops illegal migrants, rather than genuine people who need help - it will get my vote.

What the gov is proposing (fly them back to their country of origin) is one of those measures we were told with some vigour, is illegal.
Syrians, Afghans and others do apparently pass the tests as legitimate refugees.
So who supports sending them to Syria, Afgahanistan?

To stop the immigration industry run by gangs, if the boats were returned they'd be stuck in France, which has problems but is surely better than Syria etc. The folk would see money being lost, so stop trying. I know that's "illegal" too - so pick your "law". Poles did the same.
It would rely on Sunak's supposed alternative legal routes being set up, of course, though Poland didn't suggest any alternative to its barbed wire fences.

Sunak's recent announcement briefly mention a new change. Providing routes to safe places where they can apply without actually being here. No details given.

Albanians. Some have been sending them back for a while. Why so slow here. Even so a few are accepted - I wonder why.

Much of the rest. Afraid I agree with Starmer - same usual noises other than putting more people in to vet them but why so late. Also more places to house them as cheaper than hotels. All sorts of places. I wonder what state they are in. Local residents - no answer to what they may think about the use of the area they live in.

Sunak says he will clear the backlog by the end of next year. When asked directly if he will do that - no answer.

@Justin Passing reading between the lines I think they are going to do deals with other safe countries. Other countries seem to have managed either to continue with illegal policies unchecked or the cries of "its illegal under international law" aren't well founded.

i could be wrong but i though sunak said today he was getting rid off the backlog by next year or may have been 2024 but thats an impossibility without some level off amnesty??

i could be wrong but i though sunak said today he was getting rid off the backlog by next year or may have been 2024 but thats an impossibility without some level off amnesty??

Sunak says we're all having leccy cars in a few years, hospital waiting lists erased cos of some pop up tents, no more gas in new builds bla bla.
Sunak is the ultimate Tory bullshitter. Sunak will help see Labour into power next time round. Can't believe I said that. Can't believe I hope it happens. :oops:

Other countries seem to have managed either to continue with illegal policies unchecked or the cries of "its illegal under international law" aren't well founded.
reading between the lines
Proof? No imagination. Some countries get on with it and meet the rules.

One of the Millibands was on C4 talking about the real problem. Displaced people. Enormous increase in longer term recent years. Starving, floods and conflict. Latter figures significantly. They are entitled to cross boarders. More attention needs to be given to the causes. There is an enormous number of people in this situation. They can not all come here or go elsewhere. There are far to many of them and for a variety of reasons it's likely to get worse.

People like you just refuse to accept that for various reason the people who get to stay do so because they meet the rules. Kids have their complications. Yet you back a government who's main problem is failing to continue to cope with them and as a result finish up housing and supporting them for extremely long periods of time. Yet per head of population wise we get less than others.

UK and a asylum - currently only Afghans can come here in a sensible way. LOL Even a Tory pointed that out - asked a question about E Africans and no reply. Same question asked on C4 - reply complete and utter flannel.

Sponsored Links
Back