Anaconda on meter outlet

had a check in BS6400 2006,
8.9.2 says "only 1 pliable (semi rigid) connection shall be used" on a meter installation, with ref to 8.6.1b for reasoning which is to minimise movement and reduce risk of tampering

Sponsored Links
can't have 2 anacondas to secure a domestic gas meter at all..... regs state the gas meter must be secured with at LEAST one rigid connection... its acceptable for non domestic but not domestic...

Well spotted!.

The standard then directs you to another clause where it gives the following reason for the restriction,

(8.6.1.b) the meter can be fitted and supported so as to restrict movement and reduce the likehood of tampering.

Dam you for beating me to it.... least me brain still remembers something though!!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Always used to laugh when they had been fiddling meter and missed the meter washer falling off the union.
So how did this happen and why are these unions chewed up , squirmed as they made story up before saying leave the feker alone you could take a couple of houses out.
Anyone want to buy a meter spanner ;)

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:35 pm Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well spotted!.

The standard then directs you to another clause where it gives the following reason for the restriction,

(8.6.1.b) the meter can be fitted and supported so as to restrict movement and reduce the likehood of tampering.

Dazzer is that not what i said :LOL:

Well spotted!.

Daz is that not what i said :LOL:

sorry to post twice i was trying to see if i could put a comment on a quote cause i haven't done it before, and i'm old now so i don't get a chance to do too many exciting things now :LOL:

meter exchangers now usually fit a new regulator,so if the original was steel pipework now its going to have a flexi pipe inlet.
ok if no flexi on outlet and meter is screwed to the wall,seen brand new meters hanging on copper outlet pipes,that cannot be correct.
i suppose price work has something to do with it.

Hi guys,

Wales and West fitted this new medium pressure gas meter with an anaconda on both the inlet and outlet pipe. Should they have done this?

[quote="Livesgas";p="1201947"]Just look near the meter for a piece of wood or half a brick![/quote]

I've got a U2, fitted with 2 x condas, and (now) a half brick. PLEASE tell me what to do next ;)

For BG, we arent allowed to install twin anacondas, but we are allowed to leave two in place, providing that the meter is secure in the form of a bracket and the bracket is attached. But this is still NCS.

If it turns out we cant do a job and its on two anacondas without a bracket, then its AR.

@Rock2011

Its pretty much the only way to get the semi-com meters in place, The low pressure regulator for that type of semi-con is rigid, so it would meet the the criterea.

Ill make some phone calls tomorrow and see if one our quality assurance guys can give a definative answer on it.

my gas meter is on 2 long lead pipes.
its an ultrasonic meter i believe and sits on one very rusty bracket wedged in the brickwork.all understairs in awkard position.
when i had new boiloer fitted last year the installer called the gas company,guy came out next day said its safe and ok although he did not apply any tool to verify his statement.
my property has 4 floors,terrace town house and i want to have meter relocated soon as i want to fit new stairs.

sunnie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back