Another Brexit bonus...

Sponsored Links
"Thomas Cook slumps to £1.46bn half-year loss as Brexit hits holiday demand"

Won't be long before TC goes tits up!

Still trading although online only. Seems to be the way forward Nowdays.

Anyway, the point of my post in the only unlocked 'Brexit bonus' thread still running is that we’ve just returned from a break in a half decent hotel mini break in Hampshire. For the first time I can remember in the U.K., I didn’t encounter a single European worker and I include reception, waiting, dining, bar and cleaning staff. All British. That surely has to be a Brexit Bonus - local jobs for local people. Yay!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Brexit Bonus - local jobs for local people. Yay!
I hear supermarkets are going to turn to EU suppliers to fill the produce shelves, because UK veggies are being left to rot in fields.

A Brexit bonus for the EU indeed. :rolleyes:

For the first time I can remember in the U.K., I didn’t encounter a single European worker and I include reception, waiting, dining, bar and cleaning staff. All British. That surely has to be a Brexit Bonus - local jobs for local people. Yay

apparently in North Korea all the workers are local.

All these people going abroad on holiday

have they no consideration for the planet ?

have they not heard about global warming ?

Same with out of season grub

how far has that pine apple travelled to get on yer plate ?

or the oranges in yer marmalade ?

yes exactly ;)

Like I said, decent wages and working conditions would help. Yes, poor people from abroad come here to do those jobs for a few months of the year so that you can have cheap food on your plate. One of the application form questions for the pickers job is "Are you comfortble working long hours outdoors in all weather"?

I'd like to ask you a question; Are you comfortable eating produce that has got to your plate by a millionaire farmer exploiting foreigners who have little choice what they do once over here?

Yeah foreigners exploited by millionaire farmers so as noseall can have veg

total disgrace imho

Sponsored Links
Back