Another Manchester stabbing

Having seen what happened to his brother, he might just have learnt a very important lesson and think better of it.

Sponsored Links
Having seen what happened to his brother, he might just have learnt a very important lesson and think better of it.

well, he could be that clever.....somehow I doubt it.

Just what is going on in that place, with yet another killing after an attempted robbery:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14305192

But it is another criminal that will not be terrifying the neighbourhood again. I have no sympathy for him.

It is reported as "Manchester" but it was in Trafford, miles away from the city. The other stabbing ws in Salford, a city in its own right located next to Manchester.

lol

Like that makes all the difference.
Most people unfamiliar with the place would not notice any difference.
It's Manchester.

Sponsored Links
Just what is going on in that place, with yet another killing after an attempted robbery:

But it is another criminal that will not be terrifying the neighbourhood again. I have no sympathy for him.

It is reported as "Manchester" but it was in Trafford, miles away from the city. The other stabbing ws in Salford, a city in its own right located next to Manchester.

Manc United are based in Trafford. How come they are not called Salford United then? !

Unfortunately, the other side of the coin is that the criminal will go in better tooled up, and if they meet any resistance, the least well defended will die.

I acknowledge this argument but there is a growing rejection of it. Let's face it, criminals are ALREADY going in tooled to the teeth and using maximum force against their victims. This latest robbery involved three blokes who stormed the shop with a GUN. How much further can it be escalated?

Manc United are based in Trafford. How come they are not called Salford United then? !
Because Mancs are selective in their facts and information. Only manchester if it's good news. Daily dross, then that happens elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the other side of the coin is that the criminal will go in better tooled up, and if they meet any resistance, the least well defended will die.

I acknowledge this argument but there is a growing rejection of it. Let's face it, criminals are ALREADY going in tooled to the teeth and using maximum force against their victims. This latest robbery involved three blokes who stormed the shop with a GUN. How much further can it be escalated?

3 guns?

I don't know the specifics of this case, if any of the robbers had guns, but the news states that the deceased burglar was tried for murder a number of years ago, and there doesn't seem to be a conviction for that offense, for whatever reason.

As stated, Salford is it's own city, seperate from Manchester, but very divided, parts are very run down, tower blocks, and graffiti, and other parts are super new, the Keys, Lowry centre, the new media city. Manchester is pretty cosmopolitan, and crime free comared to others, and Trafford, just seems to be a shopping centre, and an industrial estate? pretty tired in most areas.

I think the difference between using a knife in a robbery, as opposed to street crime, and using a gun, is the reality of the end result. If you are robbing a corner shop for a few hundred quid, you are probably a junkie, looking for easy money, where a gun would be used in a bank, for higher amounts, and more planned. You know that 50/50 if you use a knife, someone might live, but a gun is pretty final.

I've had a gun pointed in my face in a robbery. It is an experience that never leaves you. Unfortunately, the machine they were robbing had no money in it, and they managed to angle grind their fingers off in the process. So police arrived, at the time they were making their getaway, and nearly ran me over, had them in prison before the day ended, as they literally 'left their fingerprints at the scene'...

Hows that work then?

Guy dies with a knife but you survived a gun? and it was a florists, not a bank. Somewhat contradicts your argument.

Hows that work then?

Guy dies with a knife but you survived a gun? and it was a florists, not a bank. Somewhat contradicts your argument.

Well, if you actually bothered to read what I said, showing someone a blade is a threatening situation, and the person brandishing that knife knows, that 50/50, that if the person IS stabbed, they will live. But a gun, it's pretty final. So a criminal would prefer to stab someone, knowing their victim may survive, as to using a gun, where they wouldn't.

But, as you haven't been in that scenario, you have no need to comment? ie reading what I wrote, and making sensible response to it.

I didn't get shot, I was threatened by a gun. But if I was threatened with a knife, then surely they would have used it. phsycology.

Most robberies with a gun, the gun is shot at the roof, to prove they mean business, but hardly anyone is shot. Pulling a knife, most people are injured, but survive. But normally being shot is fatal, but being knived isn't.

If you'd bother to read what you put...pure dribble.

As for making definitive statements about my past, you know nothing about me - so don't!!!

Another major error in your dribble. A small issue about my exposure to firearms.
You are so so wrong. Lets just say i know more about them than you do.

If you'd bother to read what you put...pure dribble.

As for making definitive statements about my past, you know nothing about me - so don't!!!

Another major error in your dribble. A small issue about my exposure to firearms.
You are so so wrong. Lets just say i know more about them than you do.

Grow. Up.

Sponsored Links
Back