Another row emerges over Labours anti semitism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
To accuse anyone of anti-semitism because they disagree with the politics of Israel is nonsense.
To accuse anyone of anti-semitism because they march in support of Palestinians is nonsense.

I agree with you, but those two statements show the dilemma the Labour party has. Because they have an unwavering support for the Palestininans, many have an automatic antagonistic vehemence against the Israelis. For some in the Labour party, this is just as you say in the first sentence, but for many in the party, the support for the Palestinians does become an antisemitic reality. This is just human nature - pretty stupid at times.

This ones gonna rumble on for a lot longer.

I agree with you, but those two statements show the dilemma the Labour party has. Because they have an unwavering support for the Palestininans, many have an automatic antagonistic vehemence against the Israelis.
Now if you had said "against Israel" it would not be anti-semtic, and perhaps it would be accurate and justified.
When people state their dislike, or disagreement for say, Angela Merkel or the German government policies, no-one takes it as anti-German.

..., but for many in the party, the support for the Palestinians does become an antisemitic reality.
Anything to justify that assertion, apart from notch's isolated one year old article from a campaign against anti-semitism website ?
And can the same assertion also be applied equally to other political parties?

Sponsored Links
Obviously, the police, CPS et al disagree with you because no charges were brought.
Other than criminal damage (assuming it was painted without the wall owners permission) what specific offence do you think I'm suggesting has been committed?

There was large protest last night.......against anti-semitism in the LABOUR party. (thats a clue for you :mrgreen:)
It would be interesting to see the political persuasion of those protesting.
I bet they were mostly right wing activists.

As we have agreed, there is probably an equal amount of anti-semitism in other parties, but there is no organised campaign against them because they are not likely contenders to win the next election.

I personally, would be pleased to see JC replaced by a more centrist leader. It would mean that the Tories will receive a severe spanking in the next election.
My opinion probably holds true also for the recent election.

Although I would prefer to see the more centrist Labour MPs cross the floor to other parties, like LibDems. Or even start a new "Labour" party.

Last edited:
I am sure you understand that the use of the term anti semitic in its current context means anti jewish.
Exactly my point - but it doesn't.
If the wrong words are used then it confuses the issues so that people have differing views on what is meant.

Do you think the large protest yesterday was just a protest of confusion?
Emotions were running high, I would suggest its a bit more than confusion.
It might be the result of confusion.

About what exactly were they protesting?

https://antisemitism.uk/definition/

Antisemitism is a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews. Rhetorical and physical manifestations of antisemitism are directed toward Jewish or non-Jewish individuals and/or their property, toward Jewish community institutions and religious facilities.

...and how does it work involving semitic people who are not jewish?

It is, as said above, the modern trend to demonize oponents by using apparently valid words which actually do not mean what they are purported to leading to confusion as to what it is that they might have done.

I personally, would be pleased to see JC replaced by a more centrist leader. It would mean that the Tories will receive a severe spanking in the next election.
My opinion probably holds true also for the recent election.

Although I would prefer to see the more centrist Labour MPs cross the floor to other parties, like LibDems. Or even start a new "Labour" party.

I agree :!:

I don't think the UKs 2 party politics is really very good for the country, but 1st past the post prevents any other party getting a look in.

I think the UK is crying out for a new type of politics. New labour.....but not old new labour.......

As was reported on radio 4 this protest against Corbyn at parliament was unprecedented !!! normally protests are against the government of the day

not the opposition !!!!! MP's from all parties joined the demonstraters in support !!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back