Any Motorcyclists here

sparky40 said:
Hello,
Just read your post, I am currently looking to buy a R6 to trackday on, ( x-mas present to myself )not had a bike for 5yrs ( had a gsx-r 750 wp old style ! ) would you opt for the yamaha ? i am not a big guy and only want a 600/750cc rice burner ! The cbr600 is still going strong though eh ? thats an option.

Do you track day ?

Ive had various bikes inc R6's, R1's, GSXR's, Aprillia's, TLR, FZR, various crossers and scoots etc etc. I currently have a naked Bandit 1200 which I bought new in Aug 2005, superb stunting tool:cool: :D :evil:

I loved my R6, I bought mine brand new when they first came out, it used wheelie off the clutch in 2nd and hit 171mph on the speedo, so 160odd genuine mph. I have done some track days too.

My Dad had a 99 CBR600 at the same time I had my R6, we both prefered the R6, it was faster, lighter and handled way better. Although Honda bikes have the best build quality there is, I never had a problem with my R6 :)

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Boons said:
gcol said:
Only an ex I'm afraid. Last proper bike was a ZZR1100, currently got a Gilera Runner 180 that's stashed in the garage cause it failed the MOT and I'm not prepared to pay £160 for a new exhaust.

Cool, I had a ZZR11.
Is your Runner the 2T or 4T?
It's a 2 stroke and goes like stink up to 50mph (tops out at about 70). Wanna buy it - I need the space in the garage.
How much dude? Whats the year, mileage etc?

hermes said:
Got a 600 bandit which is ok but I went off Suzuki when I found they use slave labour in Burma to build their bikes. I wrote to their customer relations asking if it was true but I never got a reply so I assume it is.

Until last week I also had a Honda XR 400 which I enjoyed riding so much. Parked it in my drive for 2 nights and it got nicked! So peed off. I love that riding position, even on the road. Thinking of swapping the Bandit for an Africa Twin or something similar.

I had a 2000 Africa Twin and loved it! They handle very well, not what I expected!! Just like a big motard, and I ride R1's and stuff usually. Sounded nice, accelerates very well and topped out about 110- 120mph depending on conditions. Nice bike, Id have another.

best of all the bikes i owned was a Ducati Darmah SD900 best handling bike i ever rode, had lots of character, sounded like a motorbike should sound, deep throaty roar and the feel and weight gave you a secure ride.
It was certainly a head turner.

Sponsored Links
Boons said:
gcol said:
Boons said:
gcol said:
Only an ex I'm afraid. Last proper bike was a ZZR1100, currently got a Gilera Runner 180 that's stashed in the garage cause it failed the MOT and I'm not prepared to pay £160 for a new exhaust.

Cool, I had a ZZR11.
It's a 2 stroke and goes like stink up to 50mph (tops out at about 70). Wanna buy it - I need the space in the garage.
Take it away for £100 (token gesture) It's a 98 (R reg) done just under 8000 miles if I remember right. Bright red, new back tyre. I'll send you a pic if you're interested.

JohnD said:
I think you're the only one :LOL:

Well I liked them, lol...
I've done a load of biking miles, in all weathers, not just posing on a sunny sunday afternoon. Here's my list, all bought as low mileage and ex demos and all run into the ground:-

Honda - CX500 (x2), VT500 (x3), NTV600, ST1100 Pan Euro.
Kawasaki - GT550, GT750.
Yamaha - XJ900 (x2)

Spot the common feature and win a coconut. (though you'll have to buy it yourself!)

gcol said:
Boons said:
gcol said:
Boons said:
gcol said:

Cool, I had a ZZR11.
Take it away for £100 (token gesture) It's a 98 (R reg) done just under 8000 miles if I remember right. Bright red, new back tyre. I'll send you a pic if you're interested.
send me a pic too (Mod 3, Please read Forum rules 7, add your e-mail to your profile which is here ;)

Cheers Boon,
I agree about Honda's build quality being superior, but also fancy giving a crisp R6 a good caning !! ( not even sat on one yet ! :LOL: )

Keyplayer, ever worked as a courier I wonder ?????

keyplayer said:
Honda - CX500 (x2), VT500 (x3), NTV600, ST1100 Pan Euro.
Kawasaki - GT550, GT750.
Yamaha - XJ900 (x2)

Spot the common feature and win a coconut. (though you'll have to buy it yourself!)

All liquid cooled?

Keyplayer
Its a long shot.... but, none of them were 'chain' driven ? :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

Had a few bikes from an old 1947 c11 250 bsa to a z1000 which was a great bike , presently own a a 99 reg Gsxr1100 but doint get much time to bring for blast due to work etc, was looking at 2005 model Gsxr1000 wow what a ****ing piece of art, except for the sorst darn ugly, But Loadsa and Loads of Power, probably wouldnt make it through the summer if i got one. :D

Huge, black, big, shiny, loud, enormous, throbbing, Sprint ST. Truly one of the best all-rounders available, and it has a Union Jack on it. :D

Sponsored Links
Back