motorcyclists and speed limits

depends on how quick the closing speed is to how much the sphinxter reacts lol
but your right about thinking your going one speed when your usually doing 30/50 above that

Sponsored Links
And these car drivers just think we're hooligans, when we genuinely don't realise what speed we're doing :LOL:

What are you trying to say with that link? That, by your skewed logic, bikers are more dangerous on the road?

Sponsored Links
And these car drivers just think we're hooligans, when we genuinely don't realise what speed we're doing :LOL:
Ignorant hooligans who don't know how fast they're going, you mean? :eek:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7480693.stm

i'm afraid that report is biased as usual towards motorcyclists,
I've ridden the cat and fiddle many times and seen lots of crashes.
cars, bikes, trucks and even a tractor
some of the accidents are cars running wide straight into the path of a motorcyclist going the speed limit but the car driver isn't hurt so the fatality is the biker.
so people, read that report and just presume its all the bikers fault when in fact often its not. GET A LIFE GET A BIKE

If an egg falls on a stone, alas for the egg.

If a stone falls on an egg, alas for the egg.

so you have no regard for someone doing something perfectly legal and is killed by someone acting illegally.
maybe you have the same blase attitude to an innocent member of the public who is knifed to death outside a nightclub for example, as we all know in this day and age it happens alot so your asking for it by going clubbing

some of the accidents are cars running wide straight into the path of a motorcyclist going the speed limit but the car driver isn't hurt so the fatality is the biker.
so people, read that report and just presume its all the bikers fault when in fact often its not. GET A LIFE GET A BIKE

So you are telling me that motor cyclists get clobbered by cars who can't take the sharp bends? Well don't they ride in the middle of the lane out of the way of cars coming the other way? :rolleyes:

Why is it that only bikes get clobbered even though they can keep well out of the way yet cars don't (who can't move out of the way)? :rolleyes:

I think it's pretty clear that it is YOU that is biased.

so you have no regard for someone doing something perfectly legal and is killed by someone acting illegally.
are you talkng to me?

I mean, if a biker and a car collide, the biker can expect to come off worst, no matter whose fault it is. Sometimes the person hurt is doing something illegal or foolish, and sometimes they aren't.

If you are an egg, keep away from stones.

So riding as if you expect danger at every moment, and mistakes by other drivers, is in order.

Surely you are familiar with the idea?

Ha I've ridden that road a few times and yes its bloody dangerous :eek:

so you take the ride with extreme caution and proceed accordingly, any experienced motorcyclist would.

its car drivers who by their couldnt care less in their steel boxes that cause the problem :evil:

a stretch of road, bend, junction, lay by, roundabout cannot and are not dangerous.

they are inanimate.

it is only when you put motorists on them that they become dangerous places to be.

only a complete loon on a deathwish would venture out on two wheels with just a bit of leather and a hard hat for protection.

scary dem fast boikes.

Sponsored Links
Back