Anyone Help Identifying This Electrical Connector/Coupler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Here is a picture of an electrical connector which sits between my central heating pump and the wiring, a good way of swapping it in case of failure.

20171118_144216 - Copy.jpg

There's another one on the 3 Valve as well. Top marks to the installer!

I want to put one of these on the HW Cylinder stat as well - anyone know where I can get one from?

Cheers,
YYo

Sponsored Links
Thanks, so this is a Light Control Module connector - is there a high street equivalent?, I checked the usual suspects - B&Q, Screwfix, Wickes, etc

Just how often do you find yourself swapping out faulty pumps, valves, stats etc?

Sponsored Links
Similar things are on the shelf in plumbers merchants. Used them a few times when the plumbers decide to put the zone valve miles away from each other and one or both need extending - does make swapping the head/valve easier in the future

ban-all-sheds > pump went 10 years ago, then 5, then 2 years ago. Y Plan has gone 4 times in 10 years - 2x Siemens, 2x Honeywell Sundial.

John4703 > I couldn't find these on Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...3.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xensto.TRS0&_nkw=ensto&_sacat=0 - what am I doing wrong?

Lgiffer > I'll have to try local merchants and ask at the counter as I have never seen them on display - also might try a light shop (though these look like they are for commercial applications).

Thanks guys -

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Surely the time spent fitting the plug to a new pump etc, would be longer than just connecting direct into the pump, as a new pump,etc, is unlikely to come with that plug on it I assume.
I would quess the plumber fits them for his own benefit and likely prefits them to the wiring centre outputs and pumps etc, prior to installing them.

Anyway i think Rs sell them Ensto Nac 31S we sometimes use them for display lighting, however theres various types, male female, some with pins and some with holes and I recall its not that straightforward to work out whats what
I do believe they now do free delivery

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/lighting-connectors/3806463/

DK380646-01.jpg

EDIT
Sites just changed from being £1.37 each to a Discontinued product.
Though they still sell the similar Wieland versions
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/lighting-connectors/7684475/

Last edited:
Motorised valves use up to 6 wires, and there is no standard wiring diagram for a plug so for domestic can't see how it helps? As for pump, what's wrong with a 5 amp plug and socket like used for lights? Or one of these
LCP103PBLK.jpg

BAS is referring to the pump, not the connector

My mistake, pumps weren't the cheapest but the fastest available - so they weren't researched. We're on our second Grundfos at the mo, can't remember the others.

Our CH runs 24/7 < I always thought this was the cause of the pump failures than any particular pump brand issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back