Anyone know where i can get one of these, or similar?... RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!

Does anyone know what if there is a brand of RCD that I can use instead of one of this Volex, or where I could get a Volex RCD? Tried a couple of local wholsalers who were not very helpful. I do not want to disconnect until i have a replacement as down-time is an issue.

Thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
What brand is your consumer unit? There look to be a lot of Wylex MCBs in there, mixed with a Crabtree and some Volex too.

Any 63A, 30mA 2-module RCD will fit, within reason, but you should buy the same brand as the consumer unit and perhaps consider replacing the odd MCBs at the same time.

Sponsored Links
...great, thanks again. (this is connected to my other thread - The present RCD takes a while to re-set, and also, I thought it may be worth trying, just in cast the old one is no longer performing properly).

Aren't Crabtree, Wylex and Volex consumer units all the same thing, simply re-badged versions of one another??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As far as I know they are all brands of Electrium. I still don't like the idea of mix n match tho, you could end up with the type tested arguament. I don't know if this is the reason for the RCD not resetting very quickly - more likely a fault still exists. What is the earthing type? I don't like the sight of a 50A MCB and a number of 32A MCBs all on a 63A device, you can apply diversity for a bit but not that much!

..The 50A is for the shower. Current for this actually works out to around 38A. The 32's are rings - up,down and extension. Up and extension is low use.

Is it an RCD-incomer CU?

If so, it should really be a 100A RCD.

...me too. But it is not 'unsafe' as such, and if you aint got the money.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back