Appliance Socket Options

Sponsored Links
And dryer off radial.

Are the other kitchen sockets on 30a fuse?
Yeah mate - ring looks to be on 30 amp fuse (with the red dots in the pic). The more I think about it the more im convicing myself a re-wire is the 'easiest' thing...

There could be a 3m cable span between two sockets in the ring - is that 'kosher'? Im guessing its there just now - if im re-doing it I want to do it right.

Ok, been sleeping on this. Went to bed feeling it was cracked then woke up thinking 'no, thats not right' :D

So, where I need the appliances is between two sockets (~3m apart) in the ring. If im thinking about this right, I need to take two spurs to DP switches between these sockets. Is putting two junction boxes one after the other acceptable or is there an alternative?

Im perhaps 'obsessed' with putting the switches above the worktop, from reading online stories about making cut-off accessible, however if there is an acceptable alternative im happy to hear. Im still stuck on where im going to put the actual socket for the appliance on the right - the adjacent cupboard to the left is under the sink - not sure I feel good about putting the socket in there....thoughts?

Sponsored Links
There is no need for switches above the worktop. You can isolate the whole circuit at the CU if required and individual appliances by pulling their plugs. If there is a fault you are going to have to pull them out anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back