Are You Addicted To This Forum?

Sponsored Links
Nah but she's got a flippin hefty walking stick that inflicts about the same amount of damage!!!

Lethal she is with it! :LOL: :LOL:

You worked DOWN here then? Or are you from here?

Both, Alison and I don't speak the lingo either. However, a few weeks back I was given a copy of a CD by St Andrew and the Woolen Mills and the 'peh' and 'ingin bridie' are quotes from one of the songs on that CD. Last week a friend visiting from Dundee brought up another 4 CD's by a Fintry poet and all of the verses were in the local dialect with an abundance of swear words both local and universal. I preferred the St Andrews CD.

Sponsored Links
You worked DOWN here then? Or are you from here?

Both, Alison and I don't speak the lingo either. However, a few weeks back I was given a copy of a CD by St Andrew and the Woolen Mills and the 'peh' and 'ingin bridie' are quotes from one of the songs on that CD. Last week a friend visiting from Dundee brought up another 4 CD's by a Fintry poet and all of the verses were in the local dialect with an abundance of swear words both local and universal. I preferred the St Andrews CD.

Oooh, I had the wrong direction then? You mean there's somebody further north than me?? :LOL:

And I'd never believe you could have put "Fintry" and "poet" in the same sentence!!!

I've lived here all my life, but I struggle to understand people who speak broad Dundonian.................... it's a whole other language.

Back