Are You Feeling Financially Challenged???

Sponsored Links
Just had the new energy bills drop through the door today. And extra £60 / month. Not as bad as expected.

TBH, the last two years has made us realise that a lot of what we spent money on was not really necessary.

I've just had an email from Octopus.

I will pay an additional 59.99 per month.

As for 3 Mobile, the PAYG rates were fantastic for years on the 321 SIM.

But now not so.

You may not use enough data, but as I used to use around a tenner a month on 321, I still top up a tenner, but buy a bundle: 4 GB data and UL calls and texts.

I don't profess to know the solution, but what an amazing system we've created over the decades, is it referred to as a free market capitalist system? Too lazy to check today.

On the one hand we have multi billionaires whose wealth often seems to increase in times of adversity. On the other, even here in the (6th) wealthiest country in the world, we have people regularly having to use food banks. And between, we have the 'just about managing' who are struggling more and more due to current price increases.

Yes, some people overstretch themselves financially and live beyond their financial means. That's a slightly different debate. However many people living very much within their means are finding it more and more difficult.

No doubt 'experts' would be able to tell me why the current global financial model is great ... I have my doubts.

Sponsored Links
I don't profess to know the solution, but what an amazing system we've created over the decades, is it referred to as a free market capitalist system? Too lazy to check today.

On the one hand we have multi billionaires whose wealth often seems to increase in times of adversity. On the other, even here in the (6th) wealthiest country in the world, we have people regularly having to use food banks. And between, we have the 'just about managing' who are struggling more and more due to current price increases.

Yes, some people overstretch themselves financially and live beyond their financial means. That's a slightly different debate. However many people living very much within their means are finding it more and more difficult.

No doubt 'experts' would be able to tell me why the current global financial model is great ... I have my doubts.

Yes the likes of bezos maybe, intel, and, Nvidia, (other companies I can't quite think of right now) all having their best financial couple of years in the pandemic.....

(Think Bp etc are in that lot also)

Tories and their cronies profited quite well through the pandemic aswell...

Just been out to fill up the suv with diesel as i thought there may be a rush and there was
BP station, standard deve as their premium is much more expensive and @just pumps just under 157p per litre filled the car up to just over 142 quid.
The low fuel light had not come on yet but would have done on another 20/30 miles

I think people may be filling up as they expect prices to rise, not sure or it could just be one of those days but i expected less people about 2-10pm
Thanks

Just been out to fill up the suv with diesel as i thought there may be a rush and there was
BP station, standard deve as their premium is much more expensive and @just pumps just under 157p per litre filled the car up to just over 142 quid.
The low fuel light had not come on yet but would have done on another 20/30 miles

I think people may be filling up as they expect prices to rise, not sure or it could just be one of those days but i expected less people about 2-10pm
Thanks

The press has picked up my findings I guess!!!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-queues-begin-uk-petrol-26323729

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/first-queues-begin-uk-petrol-26323729

I just charge more. Wheras before it was double it and double it again, now it’s double it then treble it. Of course there’s the option for treble it then treble it again.
Might I suggest that you do some work for The Humanist - he sounsd like he's the sort of chap who'd love to show you his wad!

On average, between 6 to 8 inches.
So are you bragging or complaining?

not surprising is there not a world wide shortage of chips , they keep saying it on the news ;)

Sponsored Links
Back