Armored cable ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Copper and steel in the same terminal will react with each other. I already pointed this out.
With reference to the galvanic table, please explain the relative difference between the corrosion which occurs with copper/galvanised steel vs brass/galvanised steel.

https://www.screwfix.com/c/electrical-lighting/cable-accessories/cat830484

What's the difference between the internal / external ones as they all seem to be ip66 rated
Or the difference between 20 & 20S on this page please?

Also what's the name of the item / can anyone link to the item I need to attach to the hole of the collar (as per pic below) inside the junction box please? On the videos I have seen on Youtube they drill the junction box to put the screw through is that the same for the socket end of the cable too?

ae235

I realise that you are not an Electrician @ban-all-sheds but every Apprentice-trained Electrician knows of the dangers of combining dissimilar metals. Indeed they will have been taught this as part of their theory.

I realise that you are not an Electrician @ban-all-sheds but every Apprentice-trained Electrician knows of the dangers of combining dissimilar metals. Indeed they will have been taught this as part of their theory.

It's not rocket science though is it. All I've got from this so far is that I need to fit a £2 part to each end of the cable with very easy instuctional videos on YouTube. Looks like I'll just have to buy one of each type from screwfix and figure it out myself for all the help you've been so far
What's the actual point of you having any (supposed) knowledge if you're just going to sit in your armchair denigrating other posters & add nothing of value / interest.

It's not rocket science though is it. All I've got from this so far is that I need to fit a £2 part to each end of the cable with very easy instuctional videos on YouTube. Looks like I'll just have to buy one of each type from screwfix and figure it out myself for all the help you've been so far
What's the actual point of you having any (supposed) knowledge if you're just going to sit in your armchair denigrating other posters & add nothing of value / interest.
You are a danger to yourself and other users of the installation. It is clear that you do not know what you are doing.

Hire a competent contractor immediately. Cease and desist from your dangerous DIY.

I'm still concerned that your earth from inside your house is not suitable for exporting to the garden. You also need to check the fault disconnection time is quick enough. You would need to measure your zs ie the resistance of the fault path to confirm that. For current carrying capacity 1.5mm should be ok for a single socket assuming no insulation.

You are a danger to yourself and other users of the installation. It is clear that you do not know what you are doing.

Hire a competent contractor immediately. Cease and desist from your dangerous DIY.

Not a whole lot of explanation there though really is there. I think you're the one who doesn't know what you're doing. You don't seem to be able to comment on any technical aspect of this project whatsoever other than a load of old pony about metals and that the world will end when I plug my iPhone in to charge. Happy to be wrong but nothing to convince me in your sour rants so far.

drill the junction box to put the screw through is that the same for the socket end of the cable too
Drilling would be ok as long as you can make a mechanically and electrically sound connection. But that's what the banjo is for. You can earth any metallic backbox with the normal terminal provided. But I'm far from convinced you want any lump of conductive metal outside the equipotential zone but connected to the electrical installation

Indeed.

And I realise that you will go to considerable lengths to avoid answering questions when you find the answers uncomfortable.

With reference to the galvanic table, please explain the relative difference between the corrosion which occurs with copper/galvanised steel vs brass/galvanised steel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back