ASBO Neighbours...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw the 10 o'clock news tonight and there was an item about neighbours from hell.
It showed video footage of 2 sisters who's lives were made to be a living hell because of a family in the same cul-de-sac who were terrorising/abusing/vandalising them and their homes. It was heartbreaking to see these people being treated in this manner and the police response was, "we couldn't identify them so cannot take action."

FFS! They are shown on camera standing at the house opposite hurling verbal abuse at these poor women!
What proof do they need? A written confession?
apparently this is not an isolated incident, it is happening throughout the country and people are living in fear.
Why the hell don't the courts do something???

Sponsored Links
You mean the courts where the judges wear wigs :D

be realistic they would probably arrest the women for wasting their time. :rolleyes:

Surely the police have to do something before the courts can do something?

Speaking as a victim of local scum, it appears as if options are limited. Police respond to incidents and apprehend said scum. For whatever reason they are released back into circulation until the courts (fail) to deal with them. Options, accept that your life is going to be a living hell and accept it, arrange for someone to sort them out,there's a brief sense of elation when you know the deed is done and you see the results but they soon return to their old ways. After all they don't know that you were the one who instigated the retribution so why should they leave you alone. Get personal, sort them out and make sure they know where the message comes from. Downside, they go screaming to the police and you get stuffed in the courts more quickly and severely than they could ever dream of plus they have you over a barrel and step up their intimidation. You can always hope that they annoy one of their own kind in which case, vengeance may be swift and deadly, and no-one will really care. Ultimately unless you have the means to deal with the scum, quickly, cleanly and quietly you are doomed to suffer cos the law is not on your side.

Sponsored Links
Speaking as a victim of local scum, it appears as if options are limited. Police respond to incidents and apprehend said scum. For whatever reason they are released back into circulation until the courts (fail) to deal with them. Options, accept that your life is going to be a living hell and accept it, arrange for someone to sort them out,there's a brief sense of elation when you know the deed is done and you see the results but they soon return to their old ways. After all they don't know that you were the one who instigated the retribution so why should they leave you alone. Get personal, sort them out and make sure they know where the message comes from. Downside, they go screaming to the police and you get stuffed in the courts more quickly and severely than they could ever dream of plus they have you over a barrel and step up their intimidation. You can always hope that they annoy one of their own kind in which case, vengeance may be swift and deadly, and no-one will really care. Ultimately unless you have the means to deal with the scum, quickly, cleanly and quietly you are doomed to suffer cos the law is not on your side.

given time this does happen to scum like this, and then you sit back and watch the fun :D

given time this does happen to scum like this, and then you sit back and watch the fun :D
I know it's not quite what you meant newgas but do you lads remember this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ojeHySYSA Have to say I didn't find it funny. Made my blood boil actually! I have a young son and a wife. I live in a nice area but I grew up in a 'rough' area. I've seen this sort of behaviour so many times. As I think everyone knows on here, 'bullying' is something I have a really BIG problem with (I'm sitting here getting wound up just thinking about that video! Stupid I know!). My wife is always telling me I need to calm down (especially since my recent AF diagnosis), but this sort of behaviour just lights my fuse. There are people less able to 'handle themselves' than the lad in the video and the thick baldy knob will no doubt have moved on to other victims and/or increased the intimidation to that family. I admire the lad being picked on for his ability to stay focussed and calm. The piece of sh1te wouldn't have made it to my door! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I know of an incident of CCTV images being sent to the local council as proof of unsociable behaviour. I've seen the CCTV footage.
The Council's response, "We're not allowed to view the footage because they're images of children"
I've seen the letter.

What :?:

saw on one of those road wars type programs a clip filmed from a police helicopter..
some chavs were tearing up their own street and setting fire to garden fences and so on because of some team getting defeated in some sport..
half the street got involved.
the ringleader then went one street over to try and start something there, he took a hammer to a car to try and "steal it" back to his street ( to burn presumably ), but he got a pasting when 2-3 guys from that street ran over and dragged him out and gave him a good shoeing..
he went back to his own street battered and bruised.

saw on one of those road wars type programs a clip filmed from a police helicopter..
some chavs were tearing up their own street and setting fire to garden fences and so on because of some team getting defeated in some sport..
half the street got involved.
the ringleader then went one street over to try and start something there, he took a hammer to a car to try and "steal it" back to his street ( to burn presumably ), but he got a pasting when 2-3 guys from that street ran over and dragged him out and gave him a good shoeing..
he went back to his own street battered and bruised.
This story gave me a great feeling :D

The world used to have sizable conflicts to cull out the underclass and give them a sense of purpose and worth. Unfortunately, cannon fodder no longer exists.

What's wrong with living in an estate? Not all of the estates are council for your information.

Newgas is assuming estates are all dirty council ones. You live on one trazor :p .

Newgas is assuming estates are all dirty council ones. You live on one trazor :p .

Actually I don't, but my mother does, and her neighbours are lovely people.
Much better than the snotty ones near us.

Do not forget, that it would be difficult to find an estate comprised only of council tenants.

Sponsored Links
Back